Title Augmented Reality towards better understanding of Online Identities
Project Number 2013-1-GR1-LEO05-13907
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Teaching traditionally is a very complex profession. And in our current fast, modern times teaching has become even more challenging. Students need an ever growing range of new skills that fall beyond the regular school curriculum scope.
The European project “IDentifEYE” provides tools for teachers to keep up with the needs of our times. It is developing a workshop in which teachers will learn about (online) identities, current societal contexts, modern prophylactics and new technologies by means of a collection of tested good practices. The workshop will support them to create their own subject-related lesson plan with the following aims: (1) to empower the dynamic nature of their students’ identities in order to improve the learning abilities of their students and (2) to provide insights in the dynamic nature of the societies in which their students live in order to trigger student reflection.
The current idea for a Transfer of Innovation proposal originates from a project under the Fundament Rights and Citizenship programme which completed in August 2012. The title of the project was "Children, Data and Emerging Identities" which supported activities that implement best practices and tools for professionals working with and for children in communicating with children in a way adapted to their age and stages of development and thus improve the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom.
Moreover, the project supported activities designed to identify and develop effective approaches to involve children more in the teaching process by capitalising on Augmented Reality and new media technologies to deliver a lasting educational experience.
The primary objectives of this project are to:
• Create a new curriculum module in which teachers will empower a conscious, creative and critical stance by students as evolving responsible civilians [8-14 years] towards online media by means of training essential skills and providing essential knowledge.
• Benchmark effective new methodologies and pedagogical strategies as an essential component of the new curriculum module.
• Publish the new curriculum module both in a traditional form (print) and online together with didactic material and multimedia instructions so that European teachers can implement the new module by themselves.
• Create an international network to evaluate and help promote the new curriculum and function as a help centre for European teachers willing to implement the new module.
The partnership comprises 8 entities. 4 of the entities have direct access to the target groups (teachers) and will organize and execute the workshops for the iterative development of the methodological approach. Workshops will be carried out in schools in Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Spain. The other 4 partners comprise the originator of the idea and holder of the IPRs of the tools that will be used as the basis for the tools to be developed in the context of the current project to support the delivery methodology, an expert in audio visual implementations, a technical consultancy with experience in developing innovative products supporting personalised E&T and the coordinator, a leading provider of digital publications and tablet/mobile applications for educational purposes.
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Sectors Erziehung und Unterricht
Transparenz und Zertifizierung
Verfahren zur Analyse und Prognose des Berufsbildungsbedarfes
Unterlagen für offenen Unterricht
The main products comprise:
- Improved Augmented Reality Content Management System (AR CMS) to provide for the design of more complex storyboards thus extending the learning scope of the game
- A graphics library used by the AR CMS to allow for a better result as far as the actual game is concerned
- A curriculum for teachers to educate children on the dangers of being online
- A delivery methodology for teachers to reach out to children more effectively and educate them about matters that concern them