Title VETLICAT (Vocational and Educational Training, Linking Creativity & Advanced Technology)
Project Number 2013-1-CZ1-LEO05-13707
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Country CZ-Czech Republic
Marketing Text Are you interested in art? Do you work in the field of linking creativity and advance technology? Do you consider this way of thinking desirable or not? The VETLICAT project addresses specific target group of creative industry professionals, providers and recipients of specialized training alike, such as artists, designers, researchers, managers, etc. Aside from international cooperation for purposes of transferring this innovative model, which was created in the Netherlands under the name “Waag Akademie”, the goal of the project will be to create manuals and videos describing individual modules.
VETLICAT project addresses specific target group of creative industry professionals, both VET providers and consumers such as artists, designers and creative sector decision makers. We are addressing a problem that existing VET scenarios do not link effectively creativity and advanced technology. Our main objective is to work together in order to transfer an innovative training model that originated in the Netherlands called “WAAG Academy”. It is a VET service that targets the increase in competences and skills of creative sector professionals.
Our consortium is composed of VET providers, creative sector operators and SMEs with compatible training experience as well as innovation needs. The specific objectives will be to transfer, localize and pilot-test selected training modules and learning tools, specifically in the following 3 domains:
A. Body-driven Human-Technology Interaction (tools and techniques using and extending interface capacity of the human body when interacting with ICT)
B. New devices, instruments and do-it-yourself (DIY) fabrication (introducing emerging tools and skills derived from smart use of materials and ICT)
C. Serious Games (employing game technologies and scenarios beyond entertainment, i.e. in game-driven education and learning).
The main outputs will be:
1. Transfer and localization of innovative VET model and content focused on linking creativity and advanced technology in selected segments
2. Pilot testing of localized training modules and learning tools (e-books and distant learning platform) within the target group
3. Innovation transfer towards VET stakeholders such as training providers as well as educational service consumers, i.e. creative sector professionals such as artists, designers, educators, decision makers
4. New educational services in the specific focus area linking creativity, innovation and advanced technology
5. Knowledge exchange and pooling amongst the partners
6. Wide dissemination of the results.
The overall impact is manifold:
A. Added value derived from the internationalization, modernization of VET system and practice as well as from the knowledge exchange and expert cooperation
B. Increased level of competences and skills for both VET providers and educational services consumers based on the innovative linkage of creativity and advanced technology that is at core of future competitiveness at the level of changing markets and audiences.
The project activities will include:
- Creative and cultural industry VET stakeholders meetings and collaboration
- Comparative studies of VET systems and practices, incl. the analysis of the needs of both the direct and indirect target groups
- Transfer and localization of “WAAG Academy” VET model, incl. creation of localized learning tools
- Pilot testing: Realization of a series of training modules
- Public workshops and conferences introducing the model and other results
- Dissemination and exploitation of results
Description VETLICAT project is offering various kinds of experience and added value. Its primary aim is to support knowledge of broad public in using art and science together to express oneself. The second goal consists of delivering our experience with the transfer to you, readers of this ebook. You can be the one who will continue in our effort to educate artists in using new scientific achievements, in connecting art, new technologies and people.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Information and Communication
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
material for open learning
open and distance learning
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
Product information List of ebooks and other educational materials, web platform, academic papers