Title SECOND CHANCE
Project Number 2013-1-CH1-LEO05-00866
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Les risques de chômage et de la marginalisation sur le marché du travail en corrélation avec un manque de qualification; Les jeunes qui abandonnent l’école ont beaucoup de difficultés à s’intégrer dans le marché du travail.
Comment développer une offre de formation flexible et personnalisée destinée aux jeunes adultes (20-26) qui est en mesure de faciliter l’obtention d'une qualification reconnue empêchant ainsi les processus à long terme de l'exclusion?
Ce projet fournira les lignes directrices - et une boîte à outils – aptes à intégrer l'apprentissage en milieu de travail, les expériences informelles et la récupération des connaissances de base, aptitudes et compétences afin de faciliter l'accès à la formation continue et à une qualification professionnelle des jeunes adultes en leur donnant une «Second Chance».
Studies carried out in Switzerland and all over Europe, have shown that risks of unemployment and marginalisation from the labour market are correlated with a lack of qualification.
In particular, young adults who prematurely interrupt their training cycles (“drop out”, early school leavers and etcetera), face serious difficulties to integrate themselves in a stable manner in the labour market.
Despite good purposes and active measures undertaken all over Europe to fight early school leaving, the issue is still open and specific efforts should be made in order to promote qualification pathways addressed to young adults. In this sense flexible offers of learning opportunities with personalised training pathways can be a way to facilitate the achievement of a recognised qualification. Furthermore, workplace learning, informal experiences and recovery of basic knowledge, skills and competences should be better integrated in a comprehensive learning setting.
Starting from a previous German national project (named EPRO), the Second Chance project developed a comprehensive training model, which is trying to answer the following questions:
-How to develop flexible and personalised training, able to facilitate the acquirement of a proper professional qualification, dedicated to people who risk to be left out from the labour market?
- How to aid them to approach a professional training opportunity?
- What measures should be adopted in order to recuperate the basic competences needed for professional training?
The main goal of the Second Chance project was to target the social and labour market exclusion of unqualified people by developing and implementing a new alternative training opportunity leading to a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification.
The main goal was pursued by:
- The contextualisation of the EPRO experience in order to elicit the key conditions / requirements needed for the successful implementation of the Model, comparing it to different experiences developed in Switzerland and in the other partner countries.
- The transfer of the EPRO model by adapting it to the retail sector and to its exigencies, to the needs and the regulation of the Swiss VET system - taking into account the peculiarities of the VET systems of the other participating countries.
- The definition of an innovative Model, including the design of a modular qualification path.
- The development of Guidelines for the application of the Model in other countries.
- The activation of a Swiss Steering Committee (including institutions and social partners), and a transnational Steering Committee to guarantee a wider impact of the project at a European level.
- The dissemination and exploitation of the Model, by planning and launching a Raising Awareness Campaign.
- The promotion of the pilot implementation of the Model, initially in the field of Retail and Trade sector in Ticino Canton.
- The development of operational partnerships involving stakeholders and key actors in the field of Initial and Continuous Vocational Training and Active Labor Market Policies, in order to consolidate the practice at a local as well as transnational level (valorisation and consolidation).
Accès pour les personnes moins favorisées
Marché du travail
Formation tout au long de la vie
Validation, transparence, certification
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Égalité des chances
Commerce; Réparation d`Automobiles et de Motocycles
Procédure pour l'analyse et le pronostic des besoins de la formation professionnelle
During the project the following main products were developed:
- An analysis grid to collect and compare information about VET systems, early school leavers phenomena, NEETs, youngster unemployment, and etcetera, in the different countries involved.
- A virtual case study to analyse the training opportunities for low qualified people in the different countries involved.
- A national benchmarking report presenting the situation of every country involved in the project.
- A European summary report, summarising and comparing the data collected through the analysis grid and the National benchmark reports.
- A modularized training model including learning units description and training tools.
- A set of Guidelines aiming at presenting the model, the procedures, the actions useful to implement the Second Chance model.
- A training programme explaining how the modular structure, the learning units were developed in Switzerland and additionally a training programme adapted to the Polish VET system and needs.
- A toolbox collecting the tools used in the project.
- Logo and coordinated image of the project.
- Flyer, brochures, Powerpoints presentations and etcetera used to present the Second Chance project and model.
- The Second Chance Website, presenting the project and collecting the products produced.
- National stakeholders workshop in every country.
- A raising Awareness Campaign including the development of the “Chance Giver” concept (assessment grid and chance giver label) for companies promoting Second Chance training opportunities and the Second Chance Prize to award people who undertook a qualification path according to the Second Chance philosophy.
- A pilot formative workshop addressed to stakeholders, VET actors and trainers.
- A final conference presenting and discussing the main outcomes of the project.
For a detailed list and to download the products, please refer to the project’s Internet site (http://secondchanceproject.net) or to the “products” section of this platform.