Title HAIR – Des langues professionelles pour des coiffeurs et esthéticiennes
Project Number 2013-1-CZ1-LEO05-13679
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Le projet HAIR – Des langues professionelles pour des coiffeurs et esthéticiennes - a offert une solution compréhensible et innovante pour un enseignement de langue professionelle aux écoles secondaires.
Quʼest-ce quʼétait lʼHAIR?
HAIR était un manuel, un e-learning, un dictionnaire interactionnel et une audition de locuteurs natifs.
HAIR aidait des enseignants specialisés à des langues étrangères à enseigner.
HAIR améliorait toutes facultés linguistiques (audition, parler, écriture, lecture).
HAIR utilisait un traitement dʼimage avancé, une créativité dʼenseignement, un graphique original.
HAIR renforcait un esprit collectif et une faculté dʼauto-présentation dʼétudiants.
HAIR est un résultat dʼune collaboration internationale entre des spécialistes tchèques finlandais et britanniques, qui sʼoccupent de méthodes modernes dʼenseignement de langues étrangères.
Project offered one possible solution to a complex problem of lack of innovative approaches and inaccessibility of relevant and modern teaching materials for the vocational language learning in Czech VET system, in specific field of Hairdressing and Cosmetics related professions. Project partners, vocational schools, faced the problem with their graduate students entering labour market, being unable to communicate in foreign language, lacking basic vocational terminology and communication skills related to workplace and client communication. There were approximately 78 secondary vocational hairdressing schools in CZ dealing with the lack of adequate teaching materials for content orientated vocational language teaching.
From this reason, the idea of transfer of innovative teaching materials focusing on combining vocational subjects of Hairdressing and Cosmetics professions with foreign language came up.
Therefore, project was aimed at supporting innovative approaches in vocationally-orientated language learning, in specific field of Hairdressing and Cosmetics, through transfer of innovative teaching methods and materials developed in the UK – complex online English-based Haidressing course including 2D and 3D hairdressing and cosmetics animations. We combined this eLearning toll with the language teaching expert knowledge of our Finnish partner to develop state-of-the-art, skill oriented vocational language materials in hairdressing and cosmetic.
The transferred specific vocational language content in the area of Hairdressing and Cosmetics increased the quality and accessibility of teaching and learning vocational materials, in English and German language, for teachers and students of vocational secondary schools in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. CFME SK in cooperation with Slovak vocational school transferred and tested all developed tools and teaching experience to Slovakia, ATT Training UK shared their wide knowledge and resources in hairdressing blended learning, Amisto – Finnish vocational school provided the project with their best practices in vocational language education, vocational schools from CZ representing target group were involved in methodology development and testing process and CFME CZ as an international distributor of innovative e-Learning methods for schools guaranteed the project sustainability.
In the project, we foresaw tangible outcomes in the form of teachers textbooks, students exercise books, online learning management system including interactive e-Learning modules, using animations, English and German voiceover, providing interactive language exercises to students, and multilingual vocational picture-based interactive online dictionary, all supported by mentioned LMS.
From the longer - term perspective, we expected the project beneficiaries among 18 000 VET students in CZ and Slovakia.
Please see Needs Analysis in the appendix.
Project reacted to concrete need of lacking innovative teaching and learning materials for vocational foreign language teaching in the professions of Hairdressing in the VET systems in CZ and SK where currently vocational language curricula and related support didactic materials, that would be accessible for schools, did not exist or were of low quality (only one small textbook existed, which was basically a list of vocabulary and phrases far from real skill-developing teaching and learning tool).
Therefore, project was primarily aimed at filling the gap and supporting vocationally-orientated language learning, through transfer of innovative teaching materials and developing online LMS platform including interactive e-Learning modules and related textbooks, exercise books and interactive online picture-based dictionary.
Supported by modern tools like interactive, voice-based eLearning, results were balanced all four major language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Following objectives have been set up to achieve project goals:
• to provide teachers and students of VET schools in CZ and SK with easy to handle, modern tool for effective and interactive content orientated language learning / LMS platform including e-Learning modules enabling individual, individualized and differentiated teaching and learning, with the minimum of 600 interactive screens in vocational English and German.
• to provide step by step instruction manual of working with specific Learning Management System with the aim to enable teachers use the system to its full potential for effective vocational foreign language teaching
• to provide students with tools for practical learning and language skills development/students´ exercise book and interactive picture based dictionary related to hairdressing professions.
• to provide teachers with practical teaching tools - teachers´ book based on development of basic communication skills in hairdressing.
We used the diversity of developed materials (eLearning portal, textbooks, interactive vocabulary) to balance all language skill and strengthen vocational communication skill.
Projects aims were linked with following European priority: Promotion of the acquisition of key competences in VET (LEO-TraInno-9); expecting the students entering labour market with increased skills to communicate in foreign language related to their profession, with the possibility of employment in domestic and European labour market.
- Project management
- Quality Management
- Transfer and adjustment of 2D and 3D hairdressing learning screens from UK
- Transfer and development of teaching and learning materials based on UK and Finnish partner know-how
- Development and adjustments of project educational portal and LMS
- Teacher trainings
- Dissemination and exploitation of project results
Milestones (main results):
• International partner group meeting/IPG FI, November 2013
• Development of PM and QM plan, deadline: November 2013
• Development and adjustments of project portal including LMS system: January 2014
• Transfer and adjustment of ATT hairdressing learning screens from UK, deadline: January 2014
• Development of Hairdressing English textbook and eLearning - Grade 1 (pilot): May 2014
• Testing, Evaluation and Adjustments of Hairdressing English textbook and eLearning - Grade 1 (pilot): July 2014
• Printing and distribution of English textbook Grade 1 (pilot): September 2014
• Production of the rest of English (Grade 2 and 3) and German (Grade 1,2 and 3) textbooks and eLearning: March 2014
• Testing, evaluation and adjustments of the textbooks and eLearning: June 2014
• Printing and distribution of remaining textbooks: September 2015
• International Partner group meeting 2 /IPG CZ, August 2014
• International conferences, August 2014
• National workshops / trainings for VET schools in CZ and SK, August 2014 – May 2015
• Dissemination of project results, progress reports on project implementation, ongoing, October 2013 – September 2015
• Final project evaluation, deadline: September 2013
Marché du travail
Formation ouverte et à distance
Autres Activités de Services
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Enseignement à distance
The key project products included:
• project portal including LMS system with 600 e-Learning interactive screens of hairdressing vocational English and German
• teachers´ instruction manual for LMS usage and the usage of e-Learning modules
• vocational hairdressing language students´ textbook / exercise book in English and German, grades 1, 2, and 3
• vocational hairdressing language teachers´ textbook in English and German, grades 1, 2, and 3(detailed methodology)
• vocational multilanguage picture and sound-based online dictionary for hairdressers