Title Social Agents Promoting Active Aging through ICT
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-68046
Product Context Analysis Report
Title Context Analysis Report
Product Type others
The present Report is the result of the first project key activity “Context Analysis”, during which each partner organization conducted a national study. The goal of the analysis is to collect data and trends on elderly people and their use of ICTs and furthermore, to identify the profile of social
agents and the main barriers faced by the elderly when using ICTs. Each project partner analysed the current situation in its country, as well as different relevant national initiatives and organised focus groups gathering social agents and seniors, in order to address these issues.
The ACTing Context Analysis Report draws on desk studies and focus group results elaborated by project partners based in four countries: AEPMR (Romania), ESPLAI and Fundetec (Spain), FMD (Italy) and ICV-Volunteers (Switzerland). It pursues the following broad aims:
1. Clarify the context, key definitions, concepts and terminology that will be used
in the ACTing project;
2. Identify and analyse the profile of social agents as facilitators for the social
and digital inclusion of the elderly in society, in the four partner countries;
3. Identify the main interests, difficulties and obstacles that senior citizens (55
years +) face in using ICTs in their daily life, in the four partner countries;
4. Elaborate a proposal of the key elements and working model to inform the following phase of the project: the “Mayores con Iniciativa” methodology transfer and adaptation process (WP4).
The national context analyses were elaborated using a common research framework developed by FMD in cooperation with Fundetec and the other partners. Each partner organisation was requested to:
• Collect national data and trends on elderly people and the use of ICTs;
• Identify a minimum of three active ageing and e-inclusion initiatives;
• Organise focus groups involving 6-8 social agents working as facilitators for the social and digital inclusion of elderly people, and 6-8 seniors (55 years +).
Part one of the report outlines the ACTing project contextual and conceptual framework, clarifying the definitions used in the ACTing project and in the
Part two displays some context information related to the elderly people and use of ICTs in the four project countries.
Part three gives an overview of the various active ageing and e-inclusion learning initiatives that were identified for purposes of the current study. Drawing on the national desk studies and research literature on the subject, it also analyses the
benefits of social and digital inclusion initiatives for older people, the role of the social agents as e-facilitators and trainers, the necessary skills to design and deliver them, and finally, preconditions for, and possible obstacles to success.
Part four reports the findings of focus groups organised by each partner at national level.
Target group Direct target groups (social agents and elederly people); stakeholders (elderly centres, local authorities, civil society organisations, social workers, care-workers, etc.)
Result Research: Context Analysis Report.
Area of application
The Context Analysis strongly contribute in the identification and analysis of the project target groups (social agents and eldery people) carachteristics and needs.
Moreover, it allowed to establish a common framework and working model that will guarantee and effective and successful transfer process in the different
national project countries.
Product Languages English