Title Quality and Training for Supported Employment in Europe
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-66274
Product Quality reference for Supported Employment – Part 1
Title Quality reference for Supported Employment – Part 1
Product Type others
All Supported Employment Agencies should be committed with these essential principles:
•The job is the best place to learn a trade.
•The Supported Employment is working to resolve some of the political, social and behavioral barriers, and politics that exclude certain groups of remunerated employment.
•Such employment is regular work in integrated work places.
All agencies should offer a combination of these elements:
• Customer Commitment: Initial Marketingof the agency to prospective clients in order to secure an agreement between them.
• Professional Profile: Assisting in the identification of skills and job preferences of individuals.
• Development of the job: Finding a preferred job for the individual through an exploratory survey of companies.
• Job Analysis: Getting additional information about the workplace, such as coworkers and supports that the individual may need in the employment context.
• Supported employment: Identification and provision of creative aids, information and support to both the employee and the company, sufficient to ensure job success and the development of independence with the help of natural supports .
• Professional support: Provision of support to both the employee and the company, so that both take into account the employee's job progression through structured assessments and development plans.
This quality reference provides a guideline to SE organization to ensure they are in line with these orientations.
This product is finished.
Target group The target group is managers of entities that practise the methodology of Supported Employment.
The organization shall ensure that there is a valid and stable work contract agreed by user and employer. The employment contract must collect worker preferences regarding working days, working hours, vacation, work patterns and payment. Employees should receive the same payment and benefits as other employees performing equal work.
The user must remain in the job for a minimum period of six months.
The organization must ensure that:
a.Both the company and co-workers provide a series of 'natural supports'.
b.The user maintains good relations with coworkers.
c.The user has the opportunity to participate in social activities with other colleagues outside the workplace.
d.The user has professional development opportunities. As the employee is developing his/her skills, development opportunities and career development are explored.
e.User is helped to consider career opportunities, both internal and external.
f.Assistance is provided to the user to participate in professional development training.
Area of application This International Standard specifies the requirements for developing the supported employment services from agencies of supported employment, and the requirements for the collaboration of these agencies with contracting companies.
Product Languages English