Title Creative Transfer of Competence in 3D Footwear CAD to VET Professionals
Project Number 2013-1-RO1-LEO05-28769
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The INGA 3D project aims to transfer and extend innovative software solutions and 3D technologies for computer-aided footwear design. This will be achieved through four complementary activities:
• by transferring the innovation from Spain to other countries, namely Romania, Portugal, and UK;
• by developing skills and competencies in 3D footwear computer-aided design in VET professionals (teachers, trainers and tutors) so that they can teach ICT based technical courses that support creativity and innovation among their own VET students/trainees;
• by developing new training content and supportive e-learning tools based on units of learning outcomes and competencies. This will ensure effective assessment, evaluation and validation;
• by setting up an Online Learning Platform.
The INGA 3D project products (Handbook, Guide and Internet-based platform) introduced innovative solutions for e- learning in order to test and to validate new teaching methodologies and approaches suitable for vocational training in footwear computer-aided design. The online platform integrate various flexible learning scenarios for accommodating various supportive tools for learning, like tutorial lessons, videos, and interactive texts and listening. The new training content and its supportive guide was designed, developed, tested and evaluated in line with the best practices identified by partners in their institutions, countries and elsewhere in Europe. These products were designed and developed in order to meet the needs and the expectations of VET professionals (teachers, trainers, tutors). INGA 3D will contribute to developing skills and competencies of VET professionals in order to face with the future challenges.
INGA 3D project brings together universities, research and training centres, adult education providers and IT companies. The consortium has partners with great pedagogical experience in development and evaluation of methodologies for education and technical vocational training. Also, there are partners with experience in vocational training, and research and development for the footwear industry.
Description All over the Europe, one critical problem of VET study programs is the gap between the level of technical knowledge and professional skills that the learners acquire and the required competencies expected by employers (European Commission's Report - 'New Skills for New Jobs: Action Now' , 2010). Footwear companies all over the Europe can find it challenging to recruit VET graduates competent and skilled in Computer Aided Design (CAD) of footwear. VET providers for footwear sectors could reduce this gap by widening their existing curricula to new available CAD/CAM technologies and software solutions that are developed through the latest research and commercial developments. At this point one main question appears: Do teachers/tutors/trainers from VET institutions have the right skills and competencies to teach Footwear Computer Aided Design ?
Utilization and distribution of results
Information and Communication
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
program or curricula
The INGA 3D partnership will work to produce, test and evaluate new results:
• 3D Footwear Computer Aided Design – Handbook. The new training content will be designed in an effective educational approach to modules/units of learning and competencies.
• Supportive Multimedia tools for VET teachers, trainers and tutors
• Online Learning Platform