Title Supporting the role of VET professionals to improve the trainees employability
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-68044
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
All too often, companies and organisations need employees that possess skills beyond the scope of their occupation-specific expertise.
Providing VET learners with them remains to be an unresolved matter for our educative system. There needs new approaches and an innovative perspective starting from a lifelong learning standpoint for teachers and other VET professionals.
TRAINVET4JOBS tries to fill in this gap in VET training systems, by adapting, piloting and validating a training model especially designed for VET trainers and professionals, improving eventually as a means the employability potential and/or the professional profile of VET trainees and employees respectively.
At the present, organizations demand employees not only with technical key competencies that are taken for granted, but also with personal and social competences. They perform in a rapidly changing environment influenced by different factors not only of technological and economic nature but also organisational where competencies such as decision making, time management and leadership are vital for competitiveness. Today, it is no longer sufficient to have only expertise (occupation specific competences). The organisations added value that makes them competitive and offer good quality services and ultimately flexible enough to adapt to change, is to count with human capital with updated transversal competences.
One of the main barriers lies in the education and training system. This has a direct impact on the labour market, both for trainers and guidance professionals and for job seekers. Policy makers and policy implementing agents who have good knowledge on procedures of each service but have serious difficulties to guide, train, advise and accompany the final users in the process, have detected this problem.
TrainVet4Jobs intends to analyse the situation as well as design and validate training tools to facilitate the work of VET trainers and guidance professionals focusing on those transversal competences that are proved to be crucial to improve the trainees’ and employees’ professional and personal development and their employability. Thus, the project aims at:
- Analysing existing systems of recognition and assessment of competences and existing training of trainers focusing on transversal competencies;
- Developing a competence framework for “training the trainers” on transversal competences ;
- Developing a training course to be tested in Spain and Italy for the project target (TG): VET trainers and guidance professionals;
- Setting the basis for the creation of a European network of experts in competences, especially for those who deal with transversal competences.
The project aims at transferring the methodology developed by the VALEW project (LLP EQF 147634/2008-4521) to enhance the capacity of VET trainers and guidance professionals to identify, codify and validate competences, especially transversal competences in the existent National Qualification systems focusing on the EQF third pillar (Competencies).
TrainVet4Jobs is conducted by a partnership of 9 institutions from 6 EU countries, building upon solid relations among the partners and with a very clear network orientation approach.
The outcomes of the project include a synthesis report on VET trainers and guidance professionals needs regarding transversal competences; a training model published in EN, ES, NL, IT, EE and GR, 2 evaluations reports and a variety of dissemination materials adapted for the different target groups.
TrainVet4Jobs has had a considerable impact throughout the different regions in ES as well as in the countries involved: NL, IT, EE and GR.
The project has implemented a Desk research and qualitative and quantitative survey at UE level for the elaboration of a synthesis Report on VET trainers & guidance professionals needs regarding transversal competences. This report includes in its final version a selection of training materials and recommendations for transferring the methodology developed by the VALEW project (LLP EQF 147634/2008-4521) into a pilot course and a training model to enhance the capacity of VET trainers and guidance professionals to identify, codify and validate competences, especially TCs, in the existent National Qualification systems with a clear reference to the EQF and other Qualification frameworks.
TrainVet4Jobs has been conducted by a partnership of 9 institutions from 6 EU countries, building upon solid relations among the partners and with a very clear network orientation approach.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
open and distance learning
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
material for open learning
The main products & results finally developed by the project and publicly available for all people interested in the topic of the project are:
- A synthesis report on VET trainers and guidance professionals needs regarding transversal competences, validated by a peer review;
- A community of practice platform structure based on Moodle technology, setting the basis for a European network of VET experts who deal with transversal competences;
- A variety of dissemination materials adapted to the different target groups (project website, leaflet brochure, poster, a first press release disseminated by partners at local, regional and national level).
- A Dissemination and Exploitation Plan;
- A Quality & Evaluation Plan;
- An interim evaluation status report;
- A Mid-Term activity Report;
The next products & results currently count with:
- A UE competence framework for “training the trainers” on transversal competences;
- A training model that has been tested in Spain and Italy for the project target (TG): VET trainers and guidance professionals and published in EN, ES, NL, IT, EE and EL after validation;
- A final evaluation status report;
- A final activity Report.
TrainVet4Jobs has generated a big interest throughout the different regions in ES as well as in the countries involved: NL, IT, EE and EL.