Project Number 2013-1-FR1-LEO05-48380
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The frequent changes in today’s context (consumer’s needs, competitors, price of raw materials, legal constraints, CAP changes, sustainable development) leave managers of Very Small Enterprises (VSEs), especially those from the rural and agricultural sector, facing uncertainty and Strategy problems. Thus, the sustainability of the VSEs and their region is challenged. The STRAT-Training project aimed to develop a Strategy to help VSEs respond to this context.
Summary Currently, training organisations in Europe which train advisers working with VSEs do not offer specific training in Strategy. VSE managers also tend to be very wary about applying management techniques and they are therefore left with no structured support to deal with the constantly changing context and to take into account Sustainable Development. Today, VSEs are finding themselves in serious financial situations without knowing why. Strategy can prepare VSEs to face these different problems. It is the only method for making decisions in the medium term for VSEs. There has been some innovative work in VSE management but there is no complete Strategy training for VSE managers which brings together the previous work and includes sustainability. Therefore, the partners of STRAT-Training felt that a wider (transnational) level was necessary to share their tools, methods and techniques in order to benefit of each other. Partners wanted to contribute to a new programme which can receive a national qualification so that training organisations and Trainers from across Europe may obtain the complete, tested and adapteble to local context training contents for sustainable Strategy management support for VSEs.
Through the sharing of good practices, partners have brought together a certain number of management tools and the skills for using them, methods for mobilising Trainers, advisers and VSE managers to come to training sessions and a set of behavioural/attitude techniques for working with VSEs. They put particular emphasis on behaviour and attitude: trainers must be able to train advisers with the capacity and behavioural techniques for responding to each individual VSE (as they have different needs, a different context and will react differently).
The partners have already looked at the complementarity of the selected contents, tools, methods and techniques. The following stages took place during the project:
1. Explanation of the aims, utilisation and skills required for each tool, behavioural/attitude technique and mobilisation/marketing method
2. Application and tests by the Trainers of the tools and techniques in real situations with students, advisors and VSEs
3. Evaluation and adaptation of the use of tools and skills by Trainers and their impact for VSE managers.
4. The complete STRAT-Training programme has been promoted and disseminated
The target groups of STRAT-Training are Training organisations and the Trainers who have been trained.
6 partners: France, UK, Spain, Denmark, Greece (and 1 silent partner from Switzerland).
• Common training content for trainers with material for vocational training (complete training manual)
• Mobilisation methods to attract target groups
• A book on the necessary skills for being an advisor in Strategy (behaviour, attitude and skills)
• Trainers’ practical training experiences
• Qualification of STRAT-Training vocational skills (partners' programmes)
The first objective is the integration of the strategic support of the VSEs. To make it, the partners decided with the support of the program Leonardo to register this "subject" in the training programs of the partners of the project and their national networks, with an European recognition (ECVET). Other training institutions from other countries will be able to use the toolbox of strategic support of the decision-makers of VSEs. This one includes methods to lead a company by taking into account the sustainable development in a shifting context.Besides the target groupes of STRAT-Training that are the bodies of education, initial and lifelong learning centers, and their teachers and trainers, the project will also have an impact on indirect targets: advisers and decision-makers of the VSEs involved in the project, as well as the pedagogical councellors of teaching and vocational training.
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
Information and Communication
transparency and certification
STRAT-Training produced a programme, mobilisation/marketing methods and a set of behavioural and attitude techniques which prepare the Trainers (and the adviser) to react, respond, adapt correctly to VSEs’ needs in order to guarantee better guidance.
The transfer includes:
The Pedagogical Guide (The Tool Box and the skills):
- AVEC® (APCA, France), Which decision is the most relevant for the VSE. AVEC® is a trademark but it will be made available for use by the partners of STRAT-Training.
- Risk Wheel, (DAAS, Denmark), How to asses risks and take caution and action
- PERFEA, (SupAgro, France), how to help integrate sustainable development into strategic decisions.
- CYPCA, (ACPA, France), What is the real problem? What are the real needs?
- SAFARI, (EFA-Galicia, Spain), Which path to take, create an individual and personalised training itinerary for the VSE
- ICT and web-marketing tools: how to bring people to training sessions, how to demonstrate the necessity of the training programme
The french partners have developed techniques which allow Trainers (and advisers) to react and adapt to the specifications of each VSE.