Title Individual study paths - a way to prevent drop out (ISP)
Project Number 2013-1-FI1-LEO05-12520
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text Vocational College, Finland. The cooperators are Centro San Viator (Spain), Valoria-Socra vzw - L.L. CDO (Belgium), SOSU Sjælland (Denmark), ROC Midden Nederland (Netherlands) and Helsinki Vocational College (Finland).
Individual study paths - a way to prevent drop out project was coordinated by Keskuspuisto Vocational College, Finland. The cooperators were Centro San Viator (Spain), Valoria-Socra vzw - L.L. CDO (Belgium), SOSU Sjælland (Denmark) and ROC Midden Nederland (Netherlands).
This project offerred the participating organizations a possibility to share numbers and reasons against early school leaving. They had also a change to share experiences and proven best practices and adapt and modify them culturally to suit the circumstances.
The outcomes of the project were the needs analysis report where an attempt is made to go behind the statistical numbers, and a traning program for preventing early school leaving.
The impact of the project can be seen in the increased student motivation through the new and varied use of teaching methods, the increased professional skills of the teaching staff and the increased awareness of the consequences of early school leaving and dropping out on the whole organization level.
The ISP project aimed to:
1) reduce drop-out in the participating schools by sharing good practices and learning from each other.
2) increase flexibility in vocational education by enabling development of individual study paths.
3) carry out the statistical analysis of the students that have dropped out - what are the defining factors to dropping out.
4) finding an answer to the following question: how can the various pedagogical methods contribute to the prevention of dropping out and increasing student motivation.
During 2 year project partner organizations had a chance to look closely at their early school leaving data and reasons behind drop outs.
A traning program was developed based on the data in order to share proven best practices against early school leaving carried out in partner organizations. Training program was carried out 3 times during project: in Denmark 11/2014, In Belgium 03/2015 and in final seminar in The Netherlands on 03/2015. Participants were teaching staff in partner organizations. Project products can be found in project´s webpages.
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Zugang für Benachteiligte
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Sonstigen Wirtschaftlichen Dienstleistungen
Erbringung von Sonstigen Dienstleistungen
Gesundheits- und Sozialwesen
During the project following products were developed:
1) needs analysis report- data of drop outs and the reasons behind them in partner organizations. Data was in discussed in European context.
2) Training program for preventing early school leaving where proven pedagogical methods were introduced and practiced.