Title Social entrepreneurship in Europe
Project Number 2013-‐1-‐FR1-‐LEO04-‐49594 1
Project Type Partnerships
Marketing Text The project 'Social entrepreneurship in Europe' is tending to create a space for dialogue and exchange between academics, local authorities and social enterprises in order to boost access to employment policies, as well as inclusion and professionnal equality between men and women.
Summary Globalization and global financial crisis, withdrawal of the state and new configuration of the collective interest demonstrate the vulnerability and interdependence of the global market and national economies. In this context, the social and solidarity economy is growing and is part of a sustainable development perspective. From local and regional sustainable development to systems of social protection, international entrepreneurship and sustainable employment, social economy becomes a social and economic practice which is responsible, creative and innovative. Social enterprises are present in almost all sectors and provide about 9 million jobs in the EU. However, in order to ensure the social economy development in the service of humanity, it is necessary to have content, references and trainings involving entrepreneurs, universities and public actors. This data collection and its transmission will be done in cooperation with and towards entrepreneurs in the field of social and solidarity economy, as well as classical entrepreneurs aiming at social management development and representatives of local authorities working with social enterprises.
The major challenge of the project 'Social entrepreneurship in Europe' can be defined as willingness to create conditions for exchanging of information, best practices and tools in the field of social entrepreneurship, through:
-academics, specialists in law, economy, sociology, psychology, rehabilitation and social integration
- local authorities that implement employment or insertion policies, that develop social and environmental clauses in public contracts
- and social enterprises.
To meet this challenge, the project's objective is to create a space for dialogue at European level between social entrepreneurs, local public actors and academics, as an asset for employment, inclusion and integration policies, as well as for professional equality between men and women.
The project 'Social entrepreneurship in Europe' strives for being a medium for exchange of information, practices and tools in the field of social entrepreneurship. These exchanges should lead to creation of a European training.
Thus, the project aims at:
1. Creating an innovative training at European level, addressed to social entrepreneurs in the field of social and solidarity economy, as well as to traditional entrepreneurs who want to develop a social management of their businesses.
2. Fostering exchanges between universities, entrepreneurs and local authorities. The objective is to develop through this training a space for dialogue and mutual learning between social enterprises and communities, animated by academics.
3. Promoting, assessing and encouraging the methodology for structuring the training based on the co-construction, pedagogical contents and success factors for a national and European dissemination aiming at an integration of the training as a module of a master degree.
For this purpose, the project consists of the following actions:
- joint experience of the ISPA University Institute (conference of June
2009) and the University of Strasbourg (through the week of social entrepreneurship established by the Centre for Study and Research in Social Intervention);
- develop a network of social companies and local authorities. This phase will be built on an exploratory survey conducted among social entrepreneurs and local stakeholders in order to identify the needs for specific training contents;
- co‐construction of the training structured by academics, in partnership with social companies and representatives of communities;
- experiment of the training in two universities. Two thirds of the program will be based on a common core of the European training, the last third will focus more specifically to the needs of the territory concerned. This phase will be assessed to improve the global training program;
- dissemination of the training within the networks that can implement this one: networks of universities, schools. The evaluation holds an important place in this architecture and will be implemented in each stage to involve the partnership in an approach of continuous improvement.
Access for disadvantaged
Activities of Extraterritorial Organisations and Bodies
program or curricula
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
The expected results are organized according to several themes:
- design of an innovative training module 'Social entrepreneurship in Europe' addressed to European social entrepreneurs and local authorities (expected number of participants: 50)
- creation and adaptation of pedagogical tools in terms of integration paths of people with low qualifications, implementation of a training schedule, involvement of different stakeholders and logistic aspects of the training;
- experimentation of the social module and its assessment by social companies and community workers involved;
- experimentation of the economic module and its assessment by social companies and community workers;
- analysis of assessments and the result of the two first experimentations, preparation of the experimentation on the territorial aspect;
- finalization of the common European program and of pedagogical tools for Social Entrepreneurship in Europe training program.
The project results will be disseminated on the websites of involved universities.