Title VINTAGE Vet INTegrated lAnGuge LEarning
Project Number 553387-LLP-1-2013-1-CH-KA2-KA2MP
Project Type Other EU-Projects
Individual Participation Not possible
Marketing Text Integrating language learning and educational and professionalization pathways is the opportunity and the challenge faced by the project. Interlinking formal and informal learning, taking in account workplace settings and new enablers of learning, the project aims at supporting teachers and trainers develop their competences in managing these processes, providing them with a powerful Resource Centre, including hints, suggestions, tools for designing, planning and managing personalized language learning pathways.
The Vintage project, moving from the results already achieved in order to integrate work-based contents in language learning, aims at developing an innovative approach addressing difficulties and challenges of teachers and trainers in overcoming constraints of a specialized approach to language learning (sectorial didactics, standardized curricula and scholastic learning settings, etc.), enabling them to design personalized didactical activities valuing VET learning settings, and respecting at the same time individual needs, autonomy and responsibility of the learners.
Therefore our project will develop and test a comprehensive strategy (based on methodologies, guidelines, tools and resources) addressing the specific needs of teachers and trainers working with migrant and learners involved in mobility projects aiming at developing their linguistic skills in the hosting country, in combination with workplace experience and vocational education and training.
The project aims on the other hand at innovating assessment of learning outcomes methods and tools, valuing self-evaluation and assessing communication skills embedded in qualification achievements.
In the three years, the project aims at designing and testing:
- An innovative learning approach, based on the integration between language learning, professional training, development of key skills and competences (see the European Reference Framework - “Key Competences for lifelong learning”), valuing the 3 key principles of language learning: exploit the actual use of the target language, take into account learners’ needs and preoccupations, respect and value autonomy and responsibility of the learners;
- A workbased/ workplace learning program, based on a needs’ analysis considering communication patterns emerging at the workplace (identified by companies and learners) but also communication settings characterizing qualification processes; the project will develop a comprehensive learning strategy, testing it in different sectors: manufacturing and logistics, caregiving, touristic services, cleaning, etc.
- A flexible set of tools for designing and planning learning (focusing on competences from A1 to B1), aiming at ensuring personalized teaching, activating diversified learning methods and resources, in order to meet learning modes and styles of an highly differentiated target group, composed by learners active in different sectors, both by low educated and by quick and well educated learners
- assessment (summative) and formative evaluation procedures enabling the recognition, validation and accreditation (when possible also certification) of linguistic and professional competences gained by the learners in informal and non-formal learning settings (verifying entry level and learning outcomes)
- A web Resource Centre addressed to teachers and trainers.
The partnership of Vintage include 7 countries (Swiss, France, Italy, Germany, Norway and Greece) able to activate their expertise in diverse areas: from training of adult migrants workers (ECAP Foundation dealing since 45 years with language and vocational training addressed to migrants, in the 3 linguistic regions of Switzerland, and Centro EDA Gallarate, hosting about 250 migrant learners per year in its language courses), to language training in mobility projects and active labor market policies addressed to youngsters and unemployed (Arbeit und Leben and IRIV) until language learning at higher education level (University of Perugia).
The 3 “target” languages of the piloting phase of the Model (French, German and Italian) cover a strong European dimension and the working language of the partnership (English) shall ensure an easy dissemination and transferability of results: methodologies and tools embedded in the Model will contain hints and suggestions thought to be transferred to other linguistic contexts.
program or curricula
The following core products will be worked out during the project (selection):
D4 Report on Vocational integrated language learning practices, D5 Guidelines for designing VET integrated learning pathways, D6 Training of the trainers: profile and Guidelines, D7 Assessment standards and criteria, D8 Assessment tools, D9 Vintage Web Site - Resource Centre, D10 Training of the trainers (preliminary pathway and accompaniment), D11 Pilot Modules, D17 Intermediate Conference, D18 Final Conference, D20 Vintage Exploiters Social Network