Title Solution de ergonomie
Project Number 2013-1-FI1-LEO05-12570
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
The Aim of the Project is to develop Ergonomic solutions for the Home Care and Nursing Home work. The solutions include working environment. These ergonomic solutions will be placed in the Web-site called ERGOCAREBANK.
In the Ergocarebank there will be descriptions of the assistive devices; adequate equipment for different client´s needs. There will be also descriptions of the reguirements for the safe working environment. The Ergocarebank web-site will be in English, Finnish, Estonian, Greek and Swedish.
In the end of the Project in Autumn 2015 there will be national conferences in Finland, Estonia, Greece and Sweden and an international conference in Greece. In these conferences the outcomes of the Project will be introduced.
National and international statistics show a high risk of musculoskeletal disorders, among health care staff due to poor manual patient handling practices. The work in the elderly care is physically most demanding.Professional competencies of nurses demand good basic knowledge of rehabilitative ergonomic nursing. Vocational colleges emphasize to observe occupational health and safety.
Literature and practice show that ergonomic approach could have a significant impact on reducing risk in patient handling,and improve quality of care. The important aim is to get students’ acquainted with ergonomic patient handling principles as part of rehabilitative nursing. The main goal of the project was to develop ergonomics of social and health care by collecting and creating ergonomic solutions for assisting the clients in ADL, moving and transferring. These solutions enable people to continue living at home or in nursing homes and carry out daily tasks in a way which minimizes the risk of injury to themselves and to their carers. These solutions were tested in the home laboratory in Sweden and in clients’ home or in nursing homes to determine their relevance to the task and whether they fulfil the requirements and their acceptance and usage by all, staff and clients.
Multidisciplinary partners from educational field, Vocational College, University and Care Units collaborated to achieve ergonomic solutions for the Databank. The project benefited from partners different knowledge, skills, approaches in ergonomics and solution findings and well developed Swedish testing methods. Students were guided on-the-job-learning periods to collect and test the good practices. Their findings were refined for Ergocarebank.
Five work seminars were held. Partners familiarized with each others innovations. Situations and problems of the nursing and care work, where the risk of injury needs to be minimized, were prioritized. The ergonomic solutions of the Home Care and Nursing Care work, their test and evaluation results were integrated into ErgocareBank. From project start to outcomes i.e. the web-sites, partners disseminated the project locally and throughout Europe. The project outcome is in English and the partners’ languages and web-sites will be even updated after the completion of the project.
By cooperation with schools and workplaces, usage of the right action models, well-being at work, support of clients´ functional capacity, independence and quality of care will be improved, while musculoskeletal disorders and accident occurrences when assisting clients will be reduced.
Teachers, students and carers in the field of the social and health care developed their skills in ergonomics in guiding and assisting different kind of patients in transferring, moving and in the activities of daily living. It is important that carers are able to use action models which support the functional capacity of the clients in the best possible way.
In this project was created a new working tool, web-sites called ERGOCAREBANK for Social and Health Care Ergonomics. The main goal was to collect and create ergonomic solutions for assisting the clients in ADL, moving and transferring. These solutions enable people to continue living at home or living a good life in Nursing Home and carry out daily tasks in a way which minimizes the risk of injury to themselves and to their carers. For achieving this concrete steps of the project were:
1. Project partners familiarized with the innovations that project partners have transferred to this Project: Sufuca supporting the functional capacity model, Physical risk management and Patient handling-guidelines models and Model for testing the ergonomic solutions
2. Partners defined the problems of the nursing home and home care work methods of assisting the clients in ADL, moving and transferring where the risk of injury needs to be minimized.
3. Partners developed the document form for the ergonomic solutions of the Home Care and Nursing Care work to be put in the ERGOCAREBANK. All solutions in the Ergocarebank were documented and written down. In each solution there is a name and definition of the solution, a video clip of the solution, description of the solution, argument related to the ergonomic, other things to note, possible links and literature related to the solution.
4. Partners developed the model for testing and evaluation of the ergonomic solutions of the Home Care and Nursing Home work.
5. Partners developed the ergonomic solutions of the Home Care and Nursing Home work for the ErgocareBank.
6. Partners tested and evaluated the feasibility of the developed ergonomic solutions of the Home Care and Nursing Home work.
7. Partners evaluated the project and the outcomes during the project process.
8. Partners disseminated widely and variedly the project and the outcomes during the whole process in every partner countries.
Utilisation et diffusion de résultats
Formation tout au long de la vie
Formation ouverte et à distance
Activités Spécialisées, Scientifiques Et Techniques
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Enseignement à distance
Matériel pour l'enseignement
1.Action model to familiarize with innovations transferred to the ErgocareBank project.
2.Model for assessing the physical risks in the Home Care and Nursing Home work while assisting clients in their daily activities and where the risk of injury needs to be minimized.
3.Model of testing and evaluating the ergonomic solutions of the Home Care work and Nursing Home work.
4.Web-sites of the ergonomic solutions of the Home Care work and Nursing Home work for the ErgocareBank.
In the solutions in the web page there is guidelines for safe patient handling; practical solutions to avoid physical risks and reguired competence of the Home Care and Nursing Home work. There is descriptions of the assistive devices; adequate equipment for different client´s needs. There is also descriptions of the reguirements for the safe working environment.
5.Disseminating the outcomes and results of the project. There was dissemination plan, posters, brochures, articles in newspapers and professional papers, national conferences in each partner country, international conference in Greece.