Title NEBULA - A novel vocational training program on cloud computing skills
Project Number 540226-LLP-1-2013-1-GR-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Skills/competences on management/use of cloud computing by public administrations are key for employability of jobseekers and employees as demand for these skills is rising. Public administrations will benefit significantly from cloud computing services enabled by availability of skilled staff.
Nebula will develop a Sector Skills Alliance for training provision and a novel VET program on Cloud Computing Skills. The program will train learners in all aspects of migration of IT infrastructures to cloud computing architectures including technical, organizational, financial, procurement aspects. Using novel training approaches, i.e. case-studies, game-based learning and distance learning facilitated by an online platform, Nebula will provide a complete VET solution that can be exploited/sustained by many VET providers in the EU states.
The project objectives are to:
• Derive an evidence-based definition of skill needs of the labour market for cloud computing skills and competences in Europe based on the targets set by the EU Digital Agenda
• Examine the available skill supply by public administration staff and determine the magnitude of the skill mismatch to be bridged
• Analyse the training requirements by liaising with all stakeholders, including territorial public administrations and staff/unemployed, for an innovative Cloud Computing Skills VET program
• Design a curriculum and develop VET programs that will introduce cloud computing skills courses and materials
• Introduce innovative training delivery methods in the form of simulation games and social learning platforms to increase learner engagement and training effectiveness
• Investigate alternative paths to link the designed curriculum with training methodologies in order to standardise it according to learning outcome approaches, like ECVET, and make it transferable across EU members
• Establish a pool of trainers to initiate the VET program delivery by training and qualifying members of the project team to deliver the program
• Run pilot delivery sessions to test the new VET program with learners who belong to the actual target group; evaluate learning outcomes and verify assimilated skills by participants to ensure the transferability and adaptability of the VET program; and help public administrations improve their vocational training capacities.
Description The project aims to form a Sector Skills Alliance that will bridge the mismatch on cloud computing skills in the sector of territorial public administrations in order to improve employability of staff by enhancing their skills and bringing them up to speed with new technologies. The aims will be achieved through the development and delivery of a VET program that will equip current/perspective public servants with the required skills to evaluate the benefits of cloud computing and to plan, implement, monitor and assess the migration from local IT infrastructures to cloud computing services, hence making them indispensable to employers who want to follow technological developments.
Open and distance learning
Information and Communication
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Administrative and Support Service Activities
program or curricula
Expected results include:
- A VET program on Cloud Computing Skills to train learners on the skills/competences required for migration to and administration of cloud computing
- An online platform to facilitate remote access to training content and collaborative learning
- Trainer & trainee guidelines, materials, assessment methods and tools in 7 European languages
- 1 “train the trainer” seminar & 4 training workshops
- 8 dissemination events, social networking, awareness raising campaign
- Strategic sustainability & continuation actions