Title Transfer of Qualifications and Learning Standards in Plastic Sector Standplast VET
Project Number 2013-1-SK1-LEO05-06359
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The Project StandPlast aims is to create a qualification and educational standards in plastics industry based on the know-how and experience of all partners. This way StandPlast was contributed to implementation of European Qualifications Framework – EQF in Slovakia. Apart of that there was also created an education programme for trainers, lecturers and teachers for plastics industry and multilingual dictionary of plastics terminology.
Plastic industry is the fastest growing industry in the whole EU. According to survey analysis, there is no National Occupations or Qualifications Framework created in SR regarding this specific plastic sector. Also, there is no suitable offer of educational activities and this non-systematic approach causes practical impact:
- Inability to absorb new knowledge within this specific field from different countries and to implement new projects in SR,
- Differences in terms - occupational standards and competencies,
- Lack of qualified specialists,
- Poor preparation of teachers, trainers and lectors,
- Not defined educational outputs and standards in VET.
To enhance attractiveness of vocational education, training and mobility in the plastic industry for employers, trainees and individuals.
To improve the transparency and recognition of qualifications and competencies, including those acquired through creation of common frame of vocational preparation and qualifications in plastic sector.
The most important intangible project outcome is the methodology of creation of a “Guide for vocational education in plastics industry” that could lay the foundations for preparation of National Qualifications framework in SR.
- Guide for vocational education in plastics industry
- Accredited educational program for teachers, lectors and trainers in field of plastics Industry.
- Web portal including “Members´ zone” focused on informal education (articles from the area of plastic processing).
- Electronic multilingual technical dictionary in field of plastics Industry (English - German - Slovak)
- 12 teachers will participate during the testing of Educational program
- 13 experts from three countries will participate on preparation of outcomes resulting from Workgroups
- At least 30 participants – stakeholders will participate during each Workshop
- Testing of electronic multilingual vocational dictionary in field of plastics industry will be realised during 6 months and therefore we can anticipate a minimum of 300 users of this dictionary
- Web portal supporting the informal education will be uploaded with minimum of 30 articles in Slovak, English or German language
Three external evaluators from three countries will participate on the project evaluation system
- System of occupational education in plastic processing field in SK (formal, non-formal and informal education)
- Quality of vocational preparation/training of teachers, lectors and trainers for this plastic sector
- Employers and employees in SK but also within EU dealing with processing of plastic materials
PARTNERSHIP: is composed of 8 partners from 3 countries as SK, AT and UK.
Structure: cluster – association of organisations, small private companies, university and college, non-profit organisation formed by the Ministry.
DURATION: 18 months
CONCLUSION: Signing of the Memorandum of Understanding among organisations and countries
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
program or curricula
transparency and certification
material for open learning
Guide for vocational education in plastic industry – List of work positions in plastic industry, List of qualifications, Description of learning outcomes at levels of knowledge, skills and competence, List of educational programs (including modules), Educational levels, Educational standards, Credit system reference, Reference for forms of education (formal, non-formal and informal), interconnections to other industrial fields such as chemistry, engineering or electrical engineering.
Electronic vocational multilingual dictionary - will contain plastics terminology in 3 languages: Slovak, German, English
Educational program for teachers, lectors and trainers in field of plastic processing industry.
Project web-site - the web-site will be used for various purposes: as a source of information, then to facilitate the project management and to ensure the further self-education of teachers and other specialists in field of plastic/polymer industry.