Title Youth unemployment: fostering Entrepreneurial Skills
Project Number 2012-1-TR1-LEO05-35155
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text YES project “Youth Unemployment: Fostering Entrepreneurial Skills proposes to address youth unemployment through entrepreneurship and foster new ideas and ways of thinking about youth, revealing self-employment as a career option. The program aims to support the development of the "sense of initiative and entrepreneurship", equipping organizations, providing vocational training / professional methodologies and tools for training future entrepreneurs, accelerating entrepreneurship among unemployed youth.
In spite of the European economy’s recovery, young people across Europe continue to face high levels of unemployment. To face this reality, “effective training programmes need to be accessible to all young people from across the Member States in order to ensure that they have the necessary skills to apply to a variety of positions in the EU. During these difficult economic times we need to unlock the huge potential of start-up entrepreneurs and stimulate them to take the final step and set up a new enterprise. Small enterprises are creating most new jobs and are the driving force of our economy. One of the main priorities of the EU is ensure that there are prospects for growth and provide employment to young Europeans” (EC Vice-President Antonio Tajani, Industry and Entrepreneurship, Europe Day 2011)
Based on this, the YES project was designed
AIMS and OBJECTIVES
• 2 innovative methodologies and tools, ePROF and ePACK, focused on entrepreneurship competencies development will be transferred by IED and BETI. While ePROF bring an innovative model and assessment profile tool, ePACK brings a entrepreneurship e-learning package;
• 2 target groups will be fit: (i) first, YES project will equip (transfer workshop) VET providers with methodologies, tools and competences in order to be the future entrepreneurial educators and thus speed up entrepreneurship learning among young unemployed; (ii) second, young unemployed will be the end users (national pilot) of ePROF and ePACK;
• 1 European ECVET curricula for youth entrepreneur and a common guideline for it integration in existing national VET programmes will be developed;
• Several dissemination and exploitation activities will be present daily at the YES project.
The YES project consortium includes METGEM (TR) plus 6 VET partners, GoI (TR), TUGIAD (TR), ISQ (PT), IED (EL), BETI (LT) and DOCUMENTA (ES), all of whom have worked on European projects. Each partner has specific expertise in key project areas, have access to young unemployed and are involving in national and European networks relevant for YES project topic.
• We intend that ePROF and ePACK transfer workshop will directly involve 6 VET providers and that 150 VET providers will benefits indirectly;
• We intend that ePROF and ePACK national pilots will directly involve 60 young unemployed and that 180 young unemployed will benefits indirectly;
• We estimate that each country it will integrate ePROF and ePACK into their own VET systems, meaning that more than 3500 VET promoters can, in the next 3 years, freely use ePROF and ePACK.
Description YES initiative is based on the adjustment and transference of two innovative training methodologies and tools – ePROF and ePACK -, both focused on the EU key competence of Entrepreneurship, to be appropriated by VET providers and used by young unemployed.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Access for disadvantaged
program or curricula
material for open learning
open and distance learning
Product information YES project will facilitate the development of innovative practises in the field of VET by: (i) transferring and adapting ePROF and ePACK materials; (ii) developing a common guidelines on ePROF and ePACK as an integrative solution; (ii) piloting ePROF and ePACK; (iv) design ECVET youth entrepreneur curricula; (v) developing dissemination and valorisation outcomes.