Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Agroforestry: one component of the sustainable development and another way for farming .
Train oneself, train about agroforestry, an imperative of the 21st century agriculture.
Summary The AgroFE project in Agroforestry Education in Europe, is aimed at players in Agroforestry. This agricultural system has experienced a strong abandonment in the 20th century, to count today only a few million ha in Europe. Following the work of scientific research, development structures and the experiments of the few professionals, in recent years, agroforestery has met a true national and European recognition. Depending on the country, states or professional organizations and training actors reintroduce Agroforestry in the course of training and qualification in initial training and in adult education. Based on the results of scientific research, development structures and those of the "farmer-researchers", experimental courses were conducted in different countries, including BE, FR, in the UK on a small scale as resources, trainers and available skills are scarce. It is on these four components: the results of scientific research, professional practice formalized training based on business situations, innovative teaching resources the AgroFE project is based. In the partnership countries, the need for conversion and development is between 15 000 and 20 000 farms in the next 5-7 years, which means training 15,000 to 20,000 operations managers (N4, N5 and N6 by country). But in order to achieve, support these conversions, these profound changes in modes of practical production, we need counselors, trainers and human resources is low! The partners have identified training needs in the short term: These needs are on the one hand operators and future operators, adults and pupils / students, teachers and counselors, tutors. These requirements therefore relate to two levels of qualification N4 and N5 + / N6 and two types of learners: Students and adults, farmers and future farmers on the one hand (mainly N4/N5) and advisors, level N5 + / N6. In the short term, the project will address these two publics through a system established by the partners: based on innovative teaching practices training, occupational situations providing access to recognized qualifications (NQF, EQF, ECVET, ECTS).
From the main objective: Training professionals and operators in Agroforestry, the AgroFE project is structured around a number of applied objectives:
- Promote the development of agroforestry by training actions based on transfers - summary of contributions (results of the research, testing training, educational resources) between partners, after studying the expectations and qualification requirements and training for all partners;
-Set up a professional repository Agroforestry field common to all partners, taking into account the particularities; AgroFE will also contribute to the development of bridges between European levels of qualification N4, N5 , N6 ( ECVET / ECTS or ECVETAGRI framework, ref IMPAQ);
- Develop a system of European training, for deployment in each partner country (but common framework), training N4 (operators) N5 + / N6 (advisors), certified / accredited (EQF) , including system established practices, tools and experiments conducted in three partners’ countries with two components: a common basis and a part dedicated to regional and local specificities (eg part: types of trees, organization of production , ..) such as national regulations
- Pooling skills partners to:
a) Develop a series of multimedia educational materials (content and teaching tools) that meet European standards in terms of accessibility, products in addition to the existing (components of the transfer);
b) Formalizing (proposal) a European repository in Agroforestry (Occupation / employment, certification, training) for N4, N5/N6, Operator Agri & Forest (conversion), and Advisor-Trainer, will be offered to members (professionals and training) EURAF networks, ICA, EFITA, REIFFEA ...; Component recovery and "after";
-Validate the device (curricula, training), its educational components, resources, specific elements by conducting training action-validation experiment ''with'' an important Quality (QPLN) component;
-Enhance and exploit the results dissemination in Europe (EURAF) and outside Europe (Res. FAR) of the device (components, resources - assessment): the Method AgroFE;
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
program or curricula
material for open learning
open and distance learning
On going project activities and expected results :
- Establishment of a professional framework at European level; a first draft has been established and proposed to partners, a final version will be proposed in April and it will be available in June 2015 on the knowledge databank.
- Production of multimedia training modules; The work is ongoing, there will be several modules (the choice is not definite yet), they will be available late April 2015 on the knowledge data bank and on the moodle server.
- Setting up a knowledge database;available mid-March 2015;
- Training of trainers;it has already started, it takes place during the transnational meetings: one was held in Mirecourt in April 2014, another was held in Prague in September 2014.
- Experimental students (future farmers, advisors, …) training sessions (at least 4 partners, 40 to 50 people trained);in Hungary, it started in September 2014, CZ started in December 2014, CFPPA Crogny started in January 2015, Mare Nostrum (RO) started their training mid November 2014.
- Experimental adult training sessions (at least 4 partners, 30 to 40 people trained);
- Organizing a dissemination seminar in each country;the dates are not completely set for the moment: in France it will be held in June 2015. A final event will be held in Brussels in september 2015.
- Participation in various international events:Euraf congress in June 2014 in Cottbus, agroforestery event in the French Ministry of agriculture in december 2014.