Title Osteosynthesis for Surgical Management of Fractures for Orthopedic Surgeons and Biomedical Engineers
Project Number 2013-1-BG1-LEO05-08711
Product OrtoBioMed learning environment
Title OrtoBioMed learning environment
Product Type material for open learning
Marketing Text The OrtoBioMed system represents an e-learning platform with training courses specialized in the field of bone fractures and osteosynthesis, as well as permanent access to practical modules that allow trainees to improve their knowledge.
This initiative is focused on long bones fracture, and their diagnosis and treatment, including implants used in their restoration. OrtoBioMed learning environment also supports a database of anonymous cases that is continuously updated with presurgical and postsurgical patient
Target groups, which will benefit directly from the outputs/products and activities of the project, are the physicians – specialists in orthopaedics, anaesthetists, surgeons, teachers and students in medicine, medical managers and the doctors from remote regions particularly. They all need courses for
continuous (lifelong) training on the use of ICT for their specific purposes, e.g. systems targeting specific clinical needs such as prediction of diseases, early diagnosis, disease quantification, surgery planning, treatment and training.
The students in biomechanical engineering and their teachers are also target group in this project. They need courses providing knowledge about the subject of the devices they are developing. They can not assist at real surgeries, so the virtual courses will correspond to their needs.
e-learning courses adapted to the defined learning outcomes as a result of the need analysis: "Biomechanical analysis of bone in terms of its structure", "Biomechanical fracture study", "Skeletal adaptation to functional stimuli", "Surgical fracture repair", "Principles of Surgical Treatment of Fractures", "Errors in Osteosynthesis", "New tendencies in Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology"
OrthoBioMed database with real clinical cases:
- "Case series. Distal radius fractures. Surgical treatment with external fixators, K/W, bone grafts"
- Video "Distal radius fractures. Surgical management with plate fixation
- Video "Malunion of distal radius fracture (forearm-child) "
- "Tendon transfers for peroneal nerve palsy"
- "Biomechanics of fractures and fixation"
- "Single portal endoscopic carpal tunnel release"
- "Endoscopic carpal tunnel release"
- "Treatment of endoscopic carpal tunnel release"
- "Treatment strategy in hondral/osteochondral lesions in ankle and knee joint"
- Video "Arthroscopic reconstruction of ACL using BTB graft and rigid fix system"
Area of application Training of surgeon orthopaedists and engineers in biomechanical engineering in the new approaches to ostheosynthesis.