Title European Peer Review in Guidance and Counselling in VET of Adults-RVC
Project Number 2013 – 2013-1-PT1-LEO05-15739
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text This Project aims Extend the Europeerguid methodology to Recognition, Validation and Certification of Competencies (Europeerguid-RVC) having as partners public, semi-public, and private organisations.
What is a Peer Review?
A Peer Review is a form of external assessment that combines internal assessment with external evaluation done by Peers. i.e. “persons of equal standing”, who visit the reviewed institution during the evaluation process.
Peer Review builds upon the professional expertise and knowledge of peers and encourages a learning process between peers and the reviewed institution.
The European Peer Review Initiative
The project EuroPeerGuid-RVC is based on the results of the four previous projects: “Peer Review in initial VET”, “Peer Review Extended”, “Peer Review Extended II” and “EuroPeerGuid”. In these projects, the European Peer Review methodology – defined in the “European Peer Review Manual for VET” – was developed and tested within vocational education and training (VET) and guidance and counseling.
The EuroPeerGuid-RVC project gathers 4 European countries – Austria, France, Holland and Portugal. Several countries have Recognition, Validation and Certification of Competencies RVC in their public systems, but don’t use Peer Review as a quality assurance methodology. This project responds to the priorities of the Leonardo Call for 2013 which aims to ”develop strategies for lifelong learning and mobility and to encourage cooperation between the worlds of education, training and work”.
The main aims of the EuroPeerGuid-RVC project are to:
- Extend the Europeerguid methodology to Recognition, Validation and Certification of Competencie (Europeerguid-RVC) having as partners public, semi-public, and private organisations.
- Establish Peer Review as a complementation of the usual quality assessment systems in Guidance and Counselling in VET of Adults.
- Promotion of professional development of RVC practitioners.
- Enhance quality and visibility of RVC-provision.
In particular, the project will:
-Investigate the state of application of quality assessment and development systems in RVC in the 5 guidance centers of the partner countries and summarise the finding in a report; this will be the basis for the elaboration of the “European Manual of Peer review in RVC in VET of adults”.
- Test the methodology described in the Manual and in the Toolbox in the 5 Guidance Centers; debate the results of this test with the local networks of the centers and evaluate the results in the work package (WP) evaluation.
- Assess the applicability of the methodology to Guidance and Counselling in RVC in VET of adults.
-Disseminate the results of the project to the authorities and Guidance Centers in the partner countries, in other European countries and Internationally.
Recognition, transparency, certification
- State of the art of report of quality systems in RVC in VET of adults
- Site about Europeerguid-RVC
- Leaflet about Europeerguid-RVC
- Test report
- Evaluation report
- Database of Europeerguid-RVC peers
- EuroPeerGuid-RVC Toolbox
- EuroPeerGuid-RVC Manual
- Training programme