Title Boat Dismantling Insight by Generating Environmental and Safety Training
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-67616
Product Stakeholders Workshops
Title Stakeholders Workshops
Product Type others
Marketing Text In order to gather information on the current awareness and end-of-life habits of recreational craft (RC) owners, input and the experiences of RC dismantlers, the following workshops and interviews were carried out (TASK 2 of WP2).
Worshops and interviews targeted to RC owners and other stakeholders of interest:
- Workshop in Rome (Italy) organised by CNR in collaboration with the Italian Marine Industry Association – UCINA, at CNR on March 21st. The workshop gathered approximately 35 people of which more than 20 were RC owners.
- Workshop in Inverkip (UK) organised by the University of Strathclyde with the collaboration of the British Marine Federation - BMF and the Royal Yachting Association - RYA in Kip Marina, Inverkip (United Kingdom). Even though only 3 recreational owners attended the workshop and a meeting was held with them, in order to gather more opinions from RC owners in the UK, more effort was put in receiving answers from RC owners to questionnaires, achieving the objective of gathering RC owners current awareness and end-of-life habits in the UK.
- Interviews: In Spain, 68 interviews/meetings were carried out with RC owners, with the aim to obtain information on current awareness and end-of-life habits. Two interviewers from LTC went to the following marinas to carry out the interviews: Port Esportiu Port Olímpic de Barcelona (March 26th), Port de Mataró (March 27th), Port Forum (March 28th), Marina Badalona (March 28th), and Port de Masnou (April 17th). The interviewers approached RC owners asking them if they would like to answer some questions in relation to their current awareness and habits as RC owners. Interviewees also had a brief conversation with the interviewers in relation to end-of-life issues and their awareness level.
Worshops targeted to RC dismatnlers and other stakeholders of interest:
- Workhop in Paris (France) organised by APER at APER in the framework of their annual meeting with dismantling companies on January 29th. 8 companies representing RC dismantlers attended the workshop.
- Workshop in Izmir (Turkey) organised by DEU at DEU on February 7th. 25 attendees represented dismantlers, recyclers, marinas and other stakeholders from the marine sector. PT and DEU presented about project introduction, OHS and environmental effects of Boat dismantling.
The methodology used was a focus group for which 2 working documents were developed gathering the methodology and the questions/issues to be addressed.
Target group BOAT DIGEST partners and advisory board, recreational craft owners, dismantling-related workers, marinas, recreational craft associations, boat builders, truck/vehicle dismatlers, local/regional/national governments, NGOs, National Agency, European stakeholders.
Area of application