Title Boat Dismantling Insight by Generating Environmental and Safety Training
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-67616
Product Report on Piloting, Evaluation and Validation
Title Report on Piloting, Evaluation and Validation
Product Type evaluation methods
Marketing Text This report provides the evaluation and validation of the RC owner’s awareness module and the RC dismantler’s VET modules from WP 4, 5 and 6 by firstly developing a quality assurance and control system and then running a full scale pilot throughout Europe.
TThe pilot experience took place between the 1st of August and the 30th of September 2015.
For the RC owner’s awareness module the whole process was done via web.The process was the following:
1. Students register with an email address to start the awareness module.
2. They go through the module part which includes power points, videos, and other documents to provide all the necessary information.
3. A questionaire is sent out to gather back-up information on what they thought of the module and how much value they thought they obtained from it.
4. Final version of awareness module - with the results a final version of the module is presented and open for any user.
For the RC dismantler’s VET modules the training was done both via web, contacting previously involved stakeholders, mainly dismantlers, but also training experts and other parties, and through on-site training by using tablets in the training session.
After assessing different methods, the following was chosen:
1. Register with an email address to start the training modules.
2. RC dismantlers base knowledge pre-test (simple assessment) – with this test a knowledge baseline of the topic is obtained.
3. RC dismantler’s VET modules e-learning platform - after baseline test is finished, the participant goes through the training module (powerpoints, videos).
4. Evaluation - after the participant has gone through the training of a module, he/she has to re-do the same test as initially done to see if results have changed.
5. Evaluation and validation process - if we can identify questions with a tendency of wrong answering both in the pre-test and in the final assessment, that area of training is checked / modified to ensure better understanding.
6. Final version of RC dismantler’s VET modules - with the results a final version of the modules was prepared and presented.
As a part of the Pilot of RC Dismantler’s VET modules an experience via web based e-learning platform on mobile device (tablets) was conducted both in UK and Spain. In the UK and Spain, 10 experts completed the VET modules and assessments and shared their valuable feedbacks with the University of Strathclyde team. In Spain workers from AMP conducted the same procedure.
Target group Boat DIGES partners and advisory boards, recreational craft owners, dismatling-related workers, marinas, associations, truck/vehicle dismantlers, local/regional/national governments, NGOS, National Agency, European stakeholders.
Area of application
Product Languages English