Title Boat Dismantling Insight by Generating Environmental and Safety Training
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-67616
Product Training Module Content for RC Dismantlers VET
Title Training Module Content for RC Dismantlers VET
Product Type teaching material
Marketing Text This training module aims to address the identified gaps in the document "RC dismantler's knowledge, understanding and awareness". The identified suitable products, tools, VET and other information has been adapted and developed into training module content.
There is an apparent lack of specific legislation for the end-of-life-boat dismantling activities. Furthermore, there is no standard procedure for carrying out boat dismantling processes. This situation results in accidents, hazards, environmental and also financial losses. Therefore, training method should be created to address these problems and raise awareness.
Additionally, there is no evidence that risk assessment is being conducted in the boat dismantling yards. Risk assessment method must be implemented to measure the risk related to boat dismantling tasks. Boat dismantling workers should be trained to be aware of hazards and risks related to their task. If the risks cannot be eliminated, the workers should be taught about the importance of using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), what kind of PPE they should be using, how they should wear it and the consequences of not wearing it. The workers should be made aware of the potential environmental impacts that they can cause.
Aims of this training are:
1. Introducing administrative and financial issues of boat dismantling process.
2. Presenting fundamentals of risk and risk assessment for RC dismantlers, such as, Hazard Identification, Accidents and Incidents, Risk Modelling
3. Demonstrating the use of the PPE and handling hazardous materials in the boat.
4. Demonstrating safe and environmentally friendly RC dismantling procedures.
5. Presenting the potential environmental impact of the boat dismantling, damage that can be caused to the environment and the measures that have to be taken.
Aforementioned aims are addressed under the following units:
Unit 1: Boat Dismantling Administrative and Financial Issues.
Unit 2: Boat dismantling process.
Unit 3: Risk Assessment for Recreational Craft Dismantlers (Hazard Identification, Accidents and Incidents.
Unit 4: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Handling Hazardous materials (Hazmat).
Target group Boat Digest partners, Boat Digest advisory board, Recreational craft dismantling workers, Recreational craft associations, Boat builders, Truck/vehicle dismantlers, Local/National Governments, National Agency, EU
Area of application