Title AGRO-JRP : Piloting Job Rotation Programme for Employment Development in Agriculture Sector
Project Number 2013-1-TR1-LEO05-47600
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Job rotation is a special form of combining further training for company employees and unemployed persons whereby the vacated workplaces are filled by unemployed substitutes during the further training period. Agro- JRP aim is to improve international competitiveness of SMEs and cooperatives in agriculture sector and to promote the job rotation e-service by giving the ability to firms to educate their employees life long, replacing them with suitable trained unemployed.
In the frame of fighting unemployment and enhancing life-long learning in the pilot implementation countries Turkey and Italy. Agro-JRP can offer an effective solution giving the opportunity to firms of the primary sector and unemployed as well, to satisfy their needs in the most effective way. In regard to the agriculture firms the job rotation enhances on one hand the upgrade of their existing human resources, under the goal of improvement in quality and greater productivity and on the other, as far as unemployed are concerned, they give them the opportunity to advance their existing knowledge and skills or obtain new, having access at the same time at the labour market and obtaining real working experience. Project objectives is to use the Job-rotation e-service in order:
• To give the ability to agriculture firms and cooperatives to educate their employees lifelong, replacing them with suitable trained unemployed.
• To give the time margin and the means to agriculture firm's employees to educate without their personal lives and work relations being disturbed.
• To fight long-term unemployment by training unemployed in real production procedures.
• To provide e-learning services for emplyoees and unemployed person in agricultural sector.
• To boost the productivity of agriculture firms and cooperatives by the adoption of new business models and organizational structures.
• To reduce the gap between demanded and offered qualifications
• To increase the availability of e-learning services for unemployed and agriculture firms' staff.
The Project will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture International Training Centre. The partners will be from different sectors such as University, Public Instutions and Private Sector. Agricultural Credit Cooperatives Union of Antalya, Pi consultancy, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Department of Strategy Development, akdeniz University Akdeniz Administration Faculty, Suleyman Demirel University agriculture Faculty, IBIMET Research Centre ( Italy), Tecnopolis SME(GR) and Omega (GR)
Agro_JRP aims to identify the skills missing from agriculture firms and cooperatives with purpose to integrate them with vocational training provision in the framework of job rotations that will be taking place during the pilot implementation. The sustainability of the project will be realised in two dime promotes integration of learning with working for unemployed and firms' employees. The subproject will bring together all the relevant stakeholders in the pilot implementation areas matching firms' needs with unemployed qualifications and training offered with main goal the development of vocational skills relevant to the agricultural market needs.
The primary goal of the Agro-JRP project is to validate more markets for the possibility of making the job-rotation prototype as a standalone e-service. The consortium will focus on the validation of the business model, the acceptance of the service and its viability under the different legal systems and employment and training policies applied for the governments of the participating European Countries. For this reason, assumptions about operating costs and potential revenues, savings and public benefits such as re-skilling, lifelong learning, fighting unemployment, access to e-learning and legislation issues will be put into test. For the market validation of the Job-Rotation e-service ISO/IEC TR 9126-4:2004 (E) will be used. The ISO defines quality in Use Metrics which will help the consortium measure whether the e-service meets the needs of agriculture firms, unemployed and VET in terms of effectiveness, productivity, safety and satisfaction.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
material for open learning
open and distance learning
The educational products / materials that will be used in the training of the job-rotation schemes will be based on the specific needs and particularities of agricultural products and sector. More specifically, the content of the courses will be customized to each pilot site's needs (Turkey,Italy) based on a methodogical approach and a needs identification model aiming to link the training process with the organisational model, strategy, goals and special characteristics and real needs of the agriculture firms.
The methodology is based on a needs identification model aiming to trace the real needs and goals of the company and employees / unemployed and develop a tailored training process addressing these. The methodology includes the following core stages:
1. Analysis of the strategic direction and objectives of the company, cooperatives
2. Environmental Scan – Analysis of the sector the company is active, main characteristics, prospects and current developments, competition etc
3. Identification of the needed competencies at organizational level
4. Identification of current workforce profile (educational level, age, sex, etc)
5. Determination of needed skills for the workforce in order for the company to achieve its goals and address the challenges and demands of its external environment (new production and distribution techniques, new products, legislations and standardization developments etc)
6. Determination of existing skills that the workforce possess
7. Gap analysis, for the determination of the knowledge and skills that the workforce has to acquire
8. Development of the appropriate Human Resources Practices and more specifically of the training required for the employees to acquire the skills and knowledge needed
9. Implementation of Job rotations
10. Evaluation & Revision
Through this model, the needs of the agricultural firms , cooperatives will be detected, and the appropriate training material will be developed to meet them. This process will be undertaken in this current project in the second work package, with the İtalien and Turkish agricultural firms that will participate in order for the training material to be adapted to their specific needs.