Title Fostering the Virtual Mobility within the Metal Sector
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-67974
Product Report of virtual mobility sessions
Title Report of virtual mobility sessions
Product Type open and distance learning
Marketing Text For the creation and implementation of virtual mobility sessions, the course "Smart Tools for Production Management“ open source virtual learning environment Moodle and video conferencing tool Google Hangouts were chosen. Moodle is a virtual learning environment designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalized learning spaces. Google Hangouts tool was used for synchronous video meetings – to keep the deeper contact between the course participants.
Each country (except LT) organized the virtual mobility sessions (one course) with 8-10 learners -metal workers (in total 36 learners from the four countries enrolled the course). The course has 5 modules (that can be considered independent) and started in February with the "Professional technical English" (10h) module and finished in June with "Practice of provisioning for production scheduling" (12h). According with the calendar, the teachers responsible of the module have to plan and monitor de module and lead the syncronous sessions (using Google Hangouts).
1. Professional technical English 10h. START DATE February, 9th; END DATE Febr, 27th.
2. Quality and production management: cost reduction START DATE14 March; END DATE 2nd April.
3. Modular product architecture (IT) 8h. START DATE April, 6th; END DATE April, 30th.
Visual planning 7h. START DATE April, 6th; END DATE April, 30th.
4. ICT, Web 2.0. & SW for metal sector 10h. START DATE May, 4th; END DATE May, 29th.
5. Practice of provisioning for production scheduling 12h. START DATE June; END DATE 1st June, 26th.
Target group Metal workers and companies and VET providers.
Area of application
The Pilot phase generated two main results:
- A Report of the MEVEL applied methodology and virtual mobility session through the VLE platform. The report includes the evaluation of the modules from two perspectives: users (companies’ workers) and trainers. It also provides recommendation from the experiences. Some recommendations were collected also through the Internal Quality questionnaire and a specific session during the IV meeting in Italy in May 2015.
- A consolidated Virtual Learning Environment for metal companies which can be embedded into the learning systems of each partner. The VLE includes the five modules developed (structure and content). Training content addressed to Production Managers of the metal industry, Engineers bearing controlling responsible and Apprentices/Students to foster the virtual mobility.
Product Languages English