Title Fostering the Virtual Mobility within the Metal Sector
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-67974
Product Open / closed curriculum content development
Title Open / closed curriculum content development
Product Type program or curricula
The course “Smart tools for production management”, dedicated to managers/ head of production, quality managers, designers in the metal industry, includes 5 modules + 1 optional submodule. Each module has been designed in order to be used independently from the others, in order to ensure sustainability of the results.
The curriculum content sahpes the course "Smart Tools for Production Management“ that aims at these objectives:
• Develop the professional technical English vocabulary and to feel good by talking English
• Learn about processes, methods and the application of tools to be able to continuously analyze and improve the work (space) and make processes more efficient and lean as well as considering cost relevant factors.
• Learn how to utilize the material/ processes / organization in a cost effective way, how to efficiently utilize working time and how to identify potential savings.
Modules of the course (they are independent among them):
• Professional technical English (10h)
• Quality and production management: cost reduction (14h)
• Modular product architecture (8h) // Visual planning (optional) (7h)
• Software in industry: Web 2.0 (10h)
• Practice of provisioning for production scheduling (12h)
Target group Production Managers of the metal industry, Engineers bearing controlling responsible and Apprentices/Students. Industrial enterprises and VET providers.
Area of application
Training content addressed to Production Managers of the metal industry, Engineers bearing controlling responsible and Apprentices/Students to foster the virtual mobility.
Virtual mobility of workers can meet Metal companies needs in different aspects:
• improves responsiveness and efficiency of labour markets in Europe;
• enhances adaptability of workers and employment rates;
• increase significantly competitiveness for all workers to develop their skills and competences, becoming competitive professionals, and ensuring possibilities to get new jobs all over Europe.
Product Languages English