Title DEVELOPMENT OF AN INNOVATIVE APPRENTICESHIP IN THE RETAIL SECTOR
Project Number 2013-1-ES1-LEO05-66582
Product Guidelines for development of apprenticeship in Retail VET system of Euro Southern area countries
Title Guidelines for development of apprenticeship in Retail VET system of Euro Southern area countries
Product Type procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
The document Guidelines for Development of Apprenticeship in Retail VET system of Euro Southern area countries is based on the outcomes of the research stages of the project, namely:
1. Research of preconditions for the development of the apprenticeship in the Retail VET system in Bulgaria, Spain, Italy and Portugal.
2. Comparative analysis of apparent good practice in apprenticeship system in Bulgaria, Spain, Italy and Portugal, seeking to define the common and differences features, and with the apprenticeship situation in the DEVAPPRENT partners’ countries.
The Guidelines for Development of Apprenticeship in Retail VET system of Euro Southern area countries consist of two parts:
1. Comparison of the context and processes of apprenticeship developments in the retail sector in Bulgaria, Spain, Italy and Portugal, identifying the common characteristics and main different aspects regarding the general context of apprenticeship in the retail trade sector, the legal framework and the organization of apprenticeship.
2. Model for implementing the apprenticeship in the retail sector in Bulgaria, Spain, Italy and Portugal, at three levels: Policy level (involvement and roles of stakeholders, quality control, funding and legal regulation), Apprenticeship level (trainers’ profile, training methodology, activities and assessment, link between the training in the VET centre and at the company) and the Company level (curriculum design, quality control, apprenticeship organization -role of the tutor-, enrolment of apprentices, and assessment of learning outcomes).
Regarding the Model for implementing the apprenticeship in the retail sector, in total, partners designed and presented 83 guidelines and recommendations focused on the improvement of the implementation of the apprenticeship model in the retail sector in each partner country.
We must say that these guidelines and recommendations are specific to the retail sector and to each partner country; however they are also suitable to be implemented in other sectors and tested in other countries as well.
-Policy makers responsible for the policy and regulation of VET, including the issues of apprenticeship: Ministry of Education and labour market and Centre for Development of Qualifications and Vocational Edu and Training.
- VET providers: Initial VET schools, regional VET centres, sectorial practical training centres, private providers of training, higher vocational education colleges, etc.
-Enterprises and employers’ associations: such as Enterprises that provide training and sectorial associations of enterprises.
-Stakeholders involved in the assessment of competences of VET graduates: VET trainers, tutors of the enterprises, public authorities, etc
-Trade unions and professional organizations
Area of application
The Guidelines contributes to achive the project objectives in the following ways:
- The Guidelines improves the Retail VET systems of Euro southern area countries´s responsiveness to the labour market needs, increasing its flexibility and attractiveness to the learners and employers. Dissemination of the project results enhance wide debates amongst the stakeholders in VET on how the introduction of apprenticeship could improve the quality and attractiveness of the initial VET in Euro southern area countries and what additional measures are required for this purpose.
- The Guidelines provides the concrete policy learning materials and recommendations for the improvement of quality and attractiveness of the apprenticeship through the measures of social partnership, organisation of training, curriculum design and promotion (marketing).
Product Languages English