Title Vervollkommnen der internationalen Kompetenz von Schüllern und Ausbildern in den berufsbildenden Institutionen der EU
Project Number LLP-LdV-TOI-2013-LT-0145
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text Die Hauptidee des Projektes –die Ausbilder und die Auszubildenden zur Fortbildung ihrer internationalen Kompetenz als einer Maßnahme für die Erhöhung von Bewerbungsmöglichkeiten der Schüler ,für die Anregung von Sozialgemeinschaft,für die Abschaffung von Mobilitätshemmungen, für die Verbesserung von der Arbeitsqualität der Ausbilder anzuregen.
The project has transferred the intercultural competence learning model created and applied in practice previously in the education program “Interdisciplinary course of intercultural competence” in Italy and Switzerland.
The Project is based on the theoretical knowledge, practical skills and competences recognized by European scientific research organizations, methodical centres of universities and VET institutions. INCOM-VET aimed to adopt the results achieved by the handbook “Building Intercultural Competences” (edited by M.G.Onorati and F.Bednarz, Acco, Leuven, 2010) and to achieve the following:
- support the strategy of educational policy as set by the European Commission;
- accelerate the passing of new laws relating to the intercultural competences and attractiveness of vocational education and training;
- strengthen the cooperation between two educational sectors: higher education and vocational education and training;
- provide new data for the scientific institutions researching peculiarities of intercultural competences and VET;
- facilitate the involvement of different cultures and social groups into VET;
- make vocational education and training more attractive;
- increase the motivation of VET students.
Tangible outcomes set at the beginning of the project were development of intercultural competence of VET trainers and students through publishing of the Handbooks with examples of methodological material, practical tasks, videos; creation of the project website for spreading the knowledge, developing skills and forming attitudes; conducting living labs. Intangible outcomes included the establishment of a lively community of practice across a number of European countries that could be further rolled out in the future.
The impact reached:
- For the institution:
Improvement in vocational and life-related training of students. Development of intercultural competence of VET trainers and students. Fulfillment of the needs of the international labour market.
- For the region:
Enhancement of social cohesion within the multicultural region.
- For the state:
Internationalization of education will facilitate the globalization process. Transnational mobility within education sector will increase.
- For VET policy makers:
Establishment of solid basis for passing new laws for education.
The intercultural competence is the principal precondition for every individual and since it is not automatically acquired, it needs to be developed, learned and maintained throughout individual’s life.The Project aimed to transfer the intercultural competence learning model to European VET institutions.
The main objectives of the Project were:
- to adapt the transfer material into the learning model „Development of Intercultural Competence“;
- to produce the handbooks of intercultural competence development and the examples of practical exercises, case studies, videos for VET teachers and students;
- to test the efficiencyy and feasibility of adapted learning model by project partners at the national level in VET institutions;
-to customize the intercultural competence learning model according to the test findings;
- to create the project website sharing of information on intercultural competence development on-line for the entire duration of the project and continue in the future;
- to open the living laboratories for the intercultural competence learning in VET institutions of project partners;
- to disseminate and to valorize the transferred and adapted intercultural competence learning model on national and European levels.
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
Information und Kommunikation
- Methodology for Development of Intercultural Competence;
- Adaptation of transfer material and production of handbooks for development of intercultural competence;
- Development of intercultural competence: handbook for students and apprentices;
- Development of intercultural competence: handbook for teachers and trainers;
- Methodology for working with participants of living labs;
- INCOM-VET website dealing with intercultural issues and targeted at VET community.