Title LEarning Outcome-oriented quality mobility placements to gain transparency and recognition of qualifications within the Tourism and Catering field
Project Number 2013-1-IT1-LEO05-04022
Product LEO quali-TC ECVET Model for Tourism and Catering
Title LEO quali-TC ECVET Model for Tourism and Catering
Product Type transparency and certification
Marketing Text The transfer phase for the ECVET Model and its further development was the core activity in the project. It was based on the competences deducted from the European Survey and the Competence Grid.
The ECVET Model describes the following relevant issues:
- Introduction and definitions;
- The competences and learning outcomes for tourism and catering (the Competence Grid);
- From learning outcomes to learning units;
- From learning units to ECVET credits;
- Guideline for the allocation of ECVET credits to learning units and outcomes;
- Guideline for the assessment, validation, recognition, accumulation and transfer of ECVET credits;
- Baseline documents for the ECVET process: Memorandum of Mutual Understanding, Learning Agreement, ECVET Certificate;
- Process description for ECVET in the Tourism and Catering practice;
- References and draft documents for use.
Target group Technical and vocational tourism schools, universities offering VET courses in tourism and catering, training centres and VET providers in tourism and catering, enterprises in tourism and catering, political decision makers on European, national, regional and local level, chambers of commerce and enterprises, trade unions, social parts and any other stakeholders.
Result ECVET Model for Tourism and Catering
Area of application
The ECVET Model for Tourism and Catering is used to:
- Identify an operative framework to test ECVET and to facilitate the validation, recognition, accumulation and transfer of units of learning outcomes in the Tourism and Catering fields;
- Develop and test concepts and procedures to augment learners’ mobility and make qualifications more transparent and portable;
- Improve the common understanding of EU citizens’ learning outcomes within trans-national mobility;
- Valorize individuals’ experiences and upgrade skills for employability.