Title Theater als Empowerment-Methode für iVET (berufliche Erstausbildung)
Project Number 2013-1-IT1-LEO05-03968
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text Ziel des Projekts „Theatre“ ist es, die Verbreitung eines Theateransatzes für den Unterricht zu fördern, der mit beruflichen und digitalen Schlüsselfähigkeiten und -kompetenzen verbunden und für die Erfordernisse von Schülern (Digital Natives) geeignet ist. Die durch den theaterpädagogischen Ansatz vorgeschlagene Ausbildungsmethodik unterstützt die Einbeziehung der immer mehr zunehmenden Gruppe von NEET-Jungen Jugendlichen in der beruflichen Erstausbildung und verringert das Phänomen des Schulabbruchs.
Centro Studi Opera Don Calabria has been organizing, since many years, theatrical activities dedicated to students attending vocational training courses, at risk of drop out. The experience is realized by the theatrical workshop "Cosquillas" made up of professional educators, pedagogues and experts in the art field.
Using an holistic approach taking care of the whole person, the Cosquillas approach and methodology emphasizes real capabilities of the participants and encourage the personal development. Expressive and communicative activities fostered by the Cosquillas approach usually lead to significant reduction in social and emotional uneasiness feelings.
The theatrical approach to learning and its connection with ICT and digital skills and competences, also fit the need of young learners (digital native) and represents an effective mean to avoid the dropping out phenomenon and favor the involvement in iVET of the growing range of Neets or students at risk of drop out. Traditional methodologies shall in fact be avoided when approaching learners at risk of drop out. Alternative learning approaches shall be used to provide key and vocational competences.
The Cosquillas methodology is a good practice with great potential for transferability to other territories and contexts. Partners, during project activities, have improved and adapted to their own contexts the good practice, thus creating an EU added value.
After a phase dedicated to research and benchmarking, partners identified how to integrate the THEATRE good practice based within their educational and vocational learning system and identified a number of ways of assessing results through the creation of local implementation plans. Partners therefore disseminated and exploited the project in their own territory, involving stakeholders potentially interested in applying the good practice.
In the second part of the project, partners organised training course for trainers and operators concerning the Cosquillas methodology, also integrated through the use of ICT / multimedia. After that, each partner tested the methodology directing involving different students, vocational schools and IVET centers in their territories. Pilot experiences were organized and implemented according to specific local needs.
At the end of the pilot experiences, a renewed and validated version of the good practice has been produced and disseminated as a tool kit for those wanting to implement it.
The Theatre project relied on four main operating actions:
1. Analysis of the good practice and benchmarking
2. Definition of the innovative and alternative learning approach, shared among partners
3. Training to operators, to spread contents and methodologies
4. Implementation of pilot experiences and final validation of outputs
Main Activities realized:
- Research on best practices concerning alternative methods to avoid drop out in partners’ countries and at EU level,
- Comparison among the different approaches and the good practice in order to define common guidelines
- Involvement of stakeholders and arrangement of implementation plans for the transfer of the good practice and its improvement
- Training of trainers
- Theatrical activities for young learners and improvement of key, transversal and vocational skills.
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Zugang für Benachteiligte
Information und Kommunikation
Erziehung und Unterricht
Kunst, Unterhaltung und Erholung
The main outputs realized:
- validated version of the guide describing the good practice
- national, European and comparative reports
- national and shared implementation plans
- European workshop
- Training courses for operators
- Trainers’ and users’ evaluation report
- Theatrical courses for users
- Reports on national pilot experience and comparative report
- handbook supporting the final version of the guide
- Multimedia products developed during testing