Title TKEY - Teaching EU Key Competence in High Interaction Learning
Project Number 2013-1-IT1-LEO05-04095
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text If you were interested to enhance the European key-competences in high interaction learning environment the outcomes and methodology developed by this project could help you.
This project aimed at:
- increasing digital and pedagogical competences among teachers by fostering the combined use of the IWB and HIL/OER resources to teach key competences;
- stimulating among teachers the inclusion of key competences in their lessons, particularly foreign languages, entrepreneurship, math and scientific disciplines, and learning to learn;
- generating and sharing examples considered to be good practice in using ITC to teach and assess key competences;
- implementing professional networks in order to exchange and spread out ideas and good practices.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CONSORTIUM
The partnership included
- the Irish FIT (Fast Track Into Information Technology), a leading innovator in VET
- a network of training institutions (Enaip, IAL and OSF in Italy), Italian secondary schools
- a network of 80 training providers in Italian speaking Switzerland.
FIT and CFC Switzerland transferred good practices in the use of IWB integrated with HIL/OER to teach and learn key competences; ENAIP FVG the know-how about IWB with concept and mind maps and action research methodology; EVTA ensured dissemination at European level.
- 1 course (training of expert trainers/facilitators) and 8 regional courses (training of teachers) on how to use IWB, HIL/OER tools and resources for teaching key competences.
- collection of the best practices of teaching key competences using ICT tools carried out during the experimentation phase with their students during a whole school year;
- handbook regarding teaching key competences with IWB, concept/mind maps and other HIL/OER tools;
- dissemination and valorization of key competences teaching/assessing within school curricula and training paths.
TKEY-HIL goals were to innovate traditional teaching methods through an effective use of digital technologies: IWB applications combined with concept/mind maps and other HIL tools (High Interaction Learning). This project aimed at the application of these technologies to the development of the European Key competences (Recommendation 2006), such as digital competences, foreign languages, entrepreneurship, maths and scientific subjects, and learning to learn.
The activities were mainly carried out by teachers/trainers experimenting in their own classrooms the use of IWBs or similar interaction environments to foster the learning of one or more EU key-competence. The in-field research has generated resources and experiences collected and analyzed in a final document (HANDBOOK - PRASSI E STRUMENTI/Tools and Pratices for teaching European Key competences in high interaction learning environment).
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
program or curricula
The main outcomes of the project were:
- the TRAINING PROGRAM for teacher and trainers
- the ON LINE COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE: more than and intranet and a repository, a collection of reference documents and links, a set of action research programs and of training resources shared among teachers and trainers
- a didactical HANDBOOK for teacher and trainers with methods and useful tools to teach key competences in a HIL framework.
- Action-Research Reports
- Tools and Pratices for teaching European Key competences in high interaction learning environment