Project Type Networks
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass (ESP) is an international qualification that certifies students (15-19 years old), who have had a real entrepreneurship experience, have gained the necessary knowledge, skills and competences to start a business or to be successfully employed.
The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass (ESP) was a three year project co-funded by the European Commission (under the Leonardo Da Vinci Programme) involving a consortium of 14 organisations across Europe.
The ESP is an international qualification that includes a full-year in-school mini-company experience; a self-assessment of entrepreneurial competences; an examination of business, economic and ﬁnancial knowledge and the possibility to access further opportunities offered by small and large businesses, top higher institutions and international organisations across Europe.
The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass (ESP) is an international qualification developed by a consortium of 14 organisations across Europe co-funded by the European Commission (under the Leonardo Da Vinci Programme) as well as by private sponsorships. Today, the ESP is available in 25 countries/organisations across. Europe.
The objective of the project was to develop an international qualification of the knowledge, skills, and competences acquired through an entrepreneurial experience. It consists of three key elements:
- a real entrepreneurial experience that takes place in school during the year and includes mentoring from business people and through competitions;
- a self-assessment where students involved in the entrepreneurial experience reflect on their competences as they progress through the year;
- a final examination of business skills and economic knowledge and the possibility to access further opportunities offered by small and large businesses, top higher institutions and international organisation across Europe.
The ESP’s goals are to provide a certification tool which can help improve job prospects and act as more comprehensive proof of the skills and competences employers are looking for; train and certify more teachers in vocational schools to use the tools that lead to the certification; engage and involve business and industry by having them participate in entrepreneurship education activities in schools as well as endorse the certificate by offering ongoing development opportunities for successful candidates. Ultimately ESP will track gains in entrepreneurial competences and penetration of methodology.
- Develop the certification package in 9 languages of the EU Grant + 11 additional ones (Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, English, French, German for Austria, Germany and Switzerland, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Russian, Turkish).
- 20 language versions of the online tools for teachers and students
- 5,881 students who successfully obtain the certificate
- 292 businesses were involved at both the national and European level
- 1081 VET teachers + 630 academic teachers trained (total: 1711 teachers)
- 566 participating VET schools + 284 academic schools (total: 850 schools)
- 116 networking activities at national level (NFG)
- 4 international events
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Access for disadvantaged
The ESP consortium produced the following products:
- The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass website: an open platform to support the implementation, management and promotion of the Entrepreneurial Skills Pass.
- The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass final exam: an online platform and 10 exam streams available in 20 languages
- Exam Guide for Students: an online demo of the final exam available in 20 languages
- The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass teacher toolkit: an online teachers’ toolkit with several learning materials translated in 11 languages.
- The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass self-assessment tool for students: an online self-assessment tool for students available in 20 languages.
- Entrepreneurial Skills Pass E-Brief: a project newsletter published every two months.
The ESP consortium organised the following events:
- Launch event: 23-24 July 2014, Tallinn, Estonia
- ESP Stakeholder Event: 04 March, Brussels, Belgium
- The Entrepreneurial Skills Pass at the Enterprise 2020 Summit: 16-17 November 2015, Brussels, Belgium
- International Summit for Educators: 19-20 September 2016, Vienna, Austria
- National Focus Groups meetings: throughout the 3 years