Title USORA - Unified Solution of Remote Access in Practical Vocational Engineering Education
Project Number 2013-1-PT1-LEO05-15527
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The aim of USORA project is contribution to raising the level of vocational education students and continuous education of professional workers in engineering domain, but specially in ICT and robotics.
With this project we are focusing on the fact that currently there is a lack of skilled worker in ICT and robotic sector due the rapid growth of this domain. The trend shows constant growth of the gap between industry need and available skilled workforce, specially due the rise of Asian manufacturers and engineers and competition with Europe.
Several studies in Europe point out that the engineering fields are not the first choice of young people, however the engineering skills and robotic field itself are one of the key knowledge of European economy growth in a long perspective.
The aim is planned to archive by carrying out following activities:
- Performing deep analysis of current industrial and educational situation, study methods and student behavior in target sector;
- Adapting the DistanceLab and VirtualLab systems according to acquired knowledge
- Establishing the Remote Lab prototype system in Portugal
- Integrating the robotic platform developed in Portugal with a new e-environment
- Full piloting of the solution in Portugal and also in Germany and Estonia
All listed activities are on the frame of professional project management and financial surveillance. The dissemination is continuous process starting on the very beginning of the project and continuing after the official end, by following the developed Valorization Strategy document.
The partnership has strong competence in the main project fields. Theoretical and practical aspects of system design are main strength of the Estonian and Portugal partners. The ICT and embedded system experience and tight connections with industry is the focus of German partners.
Main outcomes of the project are:
- Adapted remote lab system established in Portugal and available for vocational education institutions;
- Educational module & teaching material compatible with ECVET system;
- Open format for learning material;
- Specification for LMS and ECVET integration.
Long term outcomes are the rise of competence of new and practicing engineers and the contemporary learning tools. To come along with significant better vocational education in the end there will be a better position of European companies (including SME-s) in global competition.
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
material for open learning
open and distance learning
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement