Title A und O - job oriented basic education for low-skilled
Project Number DE/13/LLP-LdV/TOI/147646
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Without basic education, participation in society and profession is not possible. Business leaders an policy makers are aware of the issue , so that Adult Basic Education is part of operating personnel developement. In each partner country, a pilot project was developed and implemented in a special industry. These good-practice examples have been presented to the public.
Job-oriented basic education should become a granted element of staff development. The project A & O pursued the following sub-goals:
• Development of an acquisition strategy to acquire companies for the issue of basic education (The results of GRAWIRA (D) and "GO 2" (CH) were checked on transfer capacity to partner countries)
• Design, implementation and evaluation of industry specific pilot projects in each of the participating partner countries
• Good publicity finishing off the results
• Documentation and Publication
• Setting up and perpetuating networks relating to basic education
Increasing demands characterize the labor market and ensure a growing importance of basic education in the context of lifelong learning; without basic education many people are excluded from participation in society. Job-oriented basic education is an instrument making full use of existing resources in the labor market to ensure the competitiveness of the company sustainably to increase the value of the labor force and to enable an equal participation in society.
Main objectives, results and effects:
Based on the results of the BMBF-funded project GRAWiRA (basic education, literacy, economy and employment) the transfer project "Alpha and Omega" had as its goal that made-up basic education is taken for granted within the framework of staff development as well as for the corporate culture. Raising awareness of managers in SMEs for the issue of basic education as well as their further training and networking were major goals of the project.
The project "Alpha and Omega" developed appropriate acquisition strategies or adapted them to the respective industry / country. Networks for basic education were stabilized and expanded.
A basic readiness for basic education on the part of HR-managers of SMEs was achieved and a wide-ranging dissemination strategy was pursued.
The awareness of policymakers and the public about basic education was raised. People concerned received information through the companies or our public relations information and were able to use these services.
A pilot project was carried out in each partner country (in each case in a particular industry) so that discussed industry specifics, and offers for HR managers could be convincingly demonstrated. These good practice examples were finished off in good publicity and presented in different media. Together with the human resources managers concrete learning objectives (outcome) were defined, which can be used for the national reference framework
The benefit for Germany was i.a. to promote the local occupational training and to face the lack of qualified personnel shortage.
The SBB (D) enables disadvantaged people to (re)enter the labor market through suitable offers and consults companies about sustainable and value-added human resources development.
SVEB (CH), the umbrella organization of general and vocational training promotes public understanding of the importance of further education Trainings and the cooperation of institutions that work in the field of education. It also promotes the political cover of the prevailing conditions.
IZ Vienna (AT) sees itself as a mediator between policymakers and intercultrally committed. It trains people in intercultural practice fields.
The Ministère de l'Education national (LU) defines and promotes i.a. the development of trainings
Access for disadvantaged
Real Estate Activities
Transportation and Storage
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
program or curricula
Particularly the following instruments or actions that were carried out to achieve the project objectives successfully have to be named:
• Informing and raising awareness of HR managers / multipliers by good practice- reports, exchange of experiences on different channels, for example specialist conferences, creation of new formats (Business Breakfast in HH). Enthusiasm through concrete achievements in business: basic education is worth it! Generation of a perpetual demand.
• Successful acquisition of industry-specific companies for pilot projects in all four partner countries (a pilot company in horticulture in Luxembourg; a pilot company in warehouse/logistics in Germany; a pilot company in the field of industrial cleaning in Austria; a pilot company in industrial production in Switzerland)
• Application and development of the GO (SVEB) and CLIC (SBB) models from needs analysis to evaluation of the pilot courses.
• Successful course implementation in all four partner countries.
• Preparation and presentation of a project film documenting the pilot courses and essential steps of the findings of the participants.
• A project manual (German and English version) that documents essential steps and findings from the subprojects and the consortium (methodology, gaining companies, basic educational concepts / case studies, guidelines, tools).
• Evaluation report (Prof. Dr. Joachim Schroeder / University of Hamburg)
• Meetings that were about information, advice and network strengthening