Title RESPONS: Responsible Skills Alliance for Sustainable Management of Small Hotels and Restaurants
Project Number 539920-LLP-1-2013-1-BG-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Développement d'innovation
Status En cours
Country EU-Projets centralisés
Marketing Text RESPONS est un projet qui va développer le nouveau profile professionnel du directeur/propriétaire d’un petit hôtel ou restaurant combinant le savoir traditionnel et innovateur et partageant des idées pour gérer son entreprise de manière gagnante, durable, socialement responsable et en gardant son identité localeleur entreprise de manière durable, socialement responsable et en gardant son identité locale.
The sector of Tourism is among the first industries at EU level which play a key role for EU competitiveness in the context of globalisation. The EU tourism industry generates more than 5% of the EU GNP, with about 1,8 million enterprises (EU COM (2010) employing around 5.2% of the total labour force (appr. 9,7 million jobs). When related sectors are taken into account, tourism indirectly generates more than 10% of the EU’s GDP and provides about 12% of the labour force.
In all countries of the RESPONS partnership tourism plays a significant role with a high potential to contribute to higher employment, as well as to development and socio-economic integration.
To this end, RESPONS Alliance develops the new professional profile of the manager/owner of small hotel and restaurant combining traditional and innovative knowledge and sharing ideas to manage a profitable, sustainable and socially responsible business, while keeping its local identity.
Aims and objectives
- To identify the needs related to skills and qualification requirements and upgrade the specific competences;
- To support sectorial skills in tourism aiming to facilitate personal development and participation in the labour market, to promote cooperation between education and world of work, foreseeing an integration of a sector-specific competence description;
- To increase cooperation and involvement of employers and social partners;
- To stimulate competitiveness in the European tourism sector;
- To improve and upgrade the specific skills of the manager of small hotels and restaurants based on learning outcomes taking into account the employers’ demand for qualifications and the future needs of the sector;
- To help transparency and comparability in the qualifications and the mobility of learners and workers;
- To facilitate the provision of work-based non-formal learning;
- To provide easily accessible and high-quality lifelong information, which enable, the managers/owners of small hotels and restaurants to manage their learning careers.
Proposed activities will be implemented during the two years period and are distributed in 7 Work packages forming the logical and coherent framework for achieving the project results. The WPs are internally connected and include the following steps:
- Establish contacts to relevant institutions in the project environment, i.e. dissemination channels of target group representatives;
- Conducting a survey among the hotels, restaurants and respective organizations in the HORECA industry on identifying the needs related to skills and qualification requirements, upgrading the specific skills and competences;
- Based on the results of the needs analyses the partnership will develop a set of criteria for selecting skills and competencies needed by managers of small hotels and restaurants in order to perform daily tasks in terms of CSR and safe and sustainable practices implementation;
- Definition of EQFs of managers of small hotels and restaurants by identifying the necessary knowledge, skills and competences based on learning outcomes taking into account the national systems and link them together;
- Developing and producing of flexible e-tools for non-formal and informal learning: eHandbook for socially responsible management of small hotels and restaurants, providing suggestions and spreading know-how on responsible management of the work place, marketplace, environment and local community, and Managers’ Guide for Sustainable Business (Virtual Interactive map);
- Creating and implementing of effective mechanisms for evaluation and quality assurance of the project and its compliance with the initial goals and plans. Testing and validation of training content by HORECA SMEs;
- Activities to disseminate information and exploit results and innovative products form an important and integral part of RESPONSible Skills Alliance, since the very beginning of the project and will even go beyond the project’s official end.
Marché du travail
Formation tout au long de la vie
Validation, transparence, certification
Formation ouverte et à distance
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Hébergement et Restauration
Transparence et certification
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Description de nouveaux métiers
The main project products and outputs are the following:
- HORECA Skills Analysis provides information about key Knowledge, Skills and Competencies needed in HORECA industry in order to successfully perform daily tasks in terms of: high quality service provision; health and safety management; sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility; possible incentives that could motivate companies to invest in training;
- European Qualifications Frameworks for manager of small hotel and manager of small restaurant create a new professional profile, covering both the traditional aspects of the provision of hotel and catering services, as well as innovative and modern methods in management and interpersonal communication.
- e-Handbook for Socially Responsible Management of Small Hotels and Restaurants supports lifelong learning that can be easily integrated into the daily routine, i.e. it facilitates non-formal and work based learning just in time, whenever it is needed. It is relating to CSR, which is increasingly becoming a decisive success factor in the HORECA sector.
- Managers’ guide to sustainable business is developed as a tour of competences. It combines video situations and an animated map of competences, following the European Qualification Frameworks for small hotel and restaurant managers.