Title Transfert et promotion de l'outil ECVET aux praticiens de l'éducation et la formation professionnelle
Project Number 2012-1-CY1-LEO05-02318
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Marketing Text Le projet de ECVET4Practitioners vise à faciliter et à promouvoir la mobilité transnationale des étudiants comme une partie reconnue et intégrée de la formation professionnelle (EFP) des programmes de qualification dans le secteur de l'hôtellerie.
Summary The ECVET4Practitioners project aims to facilitate and promote student transnational mobility as a recognised and integrated part of Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification programs within the Hospitality sector.
The project sets to achieve this goal by transferring the specific "know-how" accumulated over a long period of experimentation with the ECVET tool and methodology - for recognizing learning outcomes acquired abroad either in a formal training program or during work placements - to VET providers with little or no prior experience with ECVET. Specifically, the project aims to transfer, adapt, and valorize the best practices associated with the Finnish ECVET(FINECVET) tool -a widely recognized European best practice- to VET providers in CY, ES, UK and NL. Additionally, the project aims to develop and test a consortium ECVET mobility network in Hospitality and Catering which could be expanded across domains and VET institutions. The project activities culminate in the development of an on-line training-toolkit, with step-by-step instructions and ready-to-use tools for implementing ECVET mobility in VET institutions. Raising awareness, informing and engaging stakeholders (VET practitioners, administrators, learners, employer associations, awarding bodies and policy makers) while offering practical feedback to national ECVET initiatives such as the "National Team of ECVET-Experts", National ECVET Contact Points e.t.c., in order to valorize the benefits and key principles of the ECVET tool will be an on-going process and tangible result. The greater impact envisaged is an increase in the transparency and transferability of learning within EU VET institutions thus creating an open and flexible VET system which can better respond to today's labor market demands.
The consortium has been specifically set up for maximizing project results. Five established VET providers across five EU countries (CY, ES, UK, NL, FI) with a total student population exceeding 35,000 and strong links with national and EU VET Associations (EfVET, EVTA, EUproVET) form the core of this consortium. In addition, two associate partners (CY, NL) with specialize expertise in Hospitality and Catering will provide valuable industry input and help exploit the ECVET benefits and key principles to the industry both at national and European level.
Validation, transparence, certification
Sectors Hébergement et Restauration
Procédure pour l'analyse et le pronostic des besoins de la formation professionnelle
The expected project products are as follows:
1. Transferring, adapting, and valorizing the best recommendation and practices accumulated over a long period of experimentation with the ECVET tool - the Finnish model (FINECVET) - to the consortium VET providers and practitioners in CY, ES, UK and NL;
2. Developing and testing the ECVET mobility network in Hospitality and Catering, with the aim of creating a sustainable mobility network which could later on be expanded to other VET domains and institutions across EU. A total of 20 VET practitioners within the consortium partners will be involved during the testing phase, receiving hands on experience in the implementation of the ECVET tool for recognizing learning outcomes acquired abroad;
3. Developing an on-line ECVET4Practitioners training-toolkit with step-by-step instructions and easy to use resources for implementing ECVET mobility within VET institutions across EU;
4. Raising awareness, informing and engaging stakeholders (VET practitioners, administrators, learners, employer associations, employee associations, policy makers e.t.c.) regarding the benefits and key principles of the ECVET tool;
5. Creating a transnational team of ECVET practitioners which can provide valuable practical input to national initiatives such as the "National Team of ECVET-Experts" and "National ECVET Contact Points" in order to valorize the benefits and key principles of the ECVET tool.