Title My Way
Project Number LLP-LDV-TOI-13-AT-0013
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text For many young people, especially for young people with special education needs or difficult socio-economic background the interface between lower secondary education and the entrance into the labour market is a sensible stage of development. In Austria the “Youth Coaching” Model offers support for young people. It is based on counselling, networking, case management and career planning. One of the biggest challenges in European countries is how to reach young people and how to motivate youth at risk for education and trainings programs. MY WAY combined Youth Coaching with peer-group workshops as an instrument to reach and motivate young people. The Model was optimised by the influence of European good practices within the network and transferred to European countries. MY WAY was an inclusive and participative intervention to reduce the drop-out rate of youth.
The project offered young school-leavers at risk, young people with special education needs or difficult socio-economic background better perspectives at the labour market. MY WAY empowered young people at risk to make a decision for training or employment program after compulsory school. MY WAY combined The Austrian Youth Coaching Model with peer-group workshops as an instrument to reach and motivate young people. The Youth Coaching Model was optimised by the influence of EU good practices and transferred in EU countries in order to reduce the average of early school leavers and drop outs.
The partnership consisted of 6 organisations from 5 countries representing a good balance of EU regions. All partners were facing similar problems in the youth employment field.
The partnership was carefully composed to assure that all necessary skills existed in the partnership to analyse and improve existing results, to develop, transfer, and implement the MY WAY Compilation for youth at risk.
*Young people after compulsory that are not in education, not employed and not in training
*Young people (peers) who are interested in working with youth at risk
*Experts, professionals, trainers, public and private organisations in the youth employment field, and parents
o To improve the knowledge of professionals, experts, and trainers in the social and employment field, and parents.
o To widen the intervention program in EU countries for unemployed youth.
o To raise awareness about different intervention programs, needs of youth at risk, reach ability of youth at risk, integration of youth at risk into training or education.
o To improve the Austrian Youth Coaching concept with pedagogical materials and interventions from EU good practice
- Exchange of good practices with an inclusive and participative approach.
- Collaboration with young people as experts in their own matters.
- Analysing EU projects and good practice examples and improve the Austrian Youth Coaching Concept with pedagogical elements from the analysed good practice examples.
- Developing curricula for a Peer-Education-Seminar and a Peer-Group-Workshop to better reach youth at risk.
- Designing a Transferability Guideline
- Testing the developed curricula in partner countries.
Utilization and distribution of results
Access for disadvantaged
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Information and Communication
program or curricula
- MY WAY Compilation: contains Synthesis Desk Research, Good practice examples,The Austrian Youth Coaching, Peer Education (Basic Groundwork, International Peer Education Seminar, National Peer Group Workshop,Results and Recommendations and the My WAY Transferability Guideline. The MY WAY Compilation is published in DE, PL, IT, ES and MT on the website.
- Synthesis Desk Research: The Synthesis Desk Research gives an overview of the state of art services and interventions concerning youth at risk in AT, DE, ES, IT, MT and PL and on European level.
- Basic Groundwork - Recommendations:Young people worked together with the national project teams to ensure an inclusive and participative approach in the development of the MY WAY Compilation. The Basic Groundwork supported young people to accomplish goals, strategies and interventions for young people at risk to be integrated into training or educational programs.
- Peer Group Education Evaluation Results: At the International Peer Group Seminar in Hannover 12 young people from Austria, Germany, Malta, Poland and Spain received a special Train the Trainer workshop in order to offer own workshops in their home countries. The training got evaluated by an external evaluator.
- MY WAY Website: The website offered a meeting point to the community and a mechanism to reach the wider public and to disseminate the achievements arising from the project through web pages, documents, movies and newsletters.
- MY WAY Leaflets: Two leaflets communicated briefly and sufficiently the purpose of the project and information about the partnership,as well as the otcomes of the project.
- MY WAY E-letters: Three E-letters informed about the current stage of the project.The E-letters were distributed among interested experts, professionals, organisations and stakeholders in the youth employment sector and the disability sector.
- MY WAY Exploitation Seminar: The final conference of the project under the title "Youth Coaching meets Peer Education – Successful support on the transition into the Labour Market", was held on September, 10th 2015 in Madrid. There the project could set a major milestone for the transfer of Austrian youth coaching model and the peer education approach developed in the project. Speakers from Austria, Malta and Spain contributed to the success of the conference.