Title SAGITER Agro ecological Knowledges and ingenuity of territories
Project Number 538785-LLP-1-2013-1-FR-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text The project bases itself on the hypothesis that the advance towards an environment-friendly agriculture can be made by allying scientific knowledges and profane knowledges to avoid this asymmetric vision of the world where the scientific knowledge are considered as rational thus "just men" and the popular knowledges as irrational thus "forgery".
One must open one's own conceptual references to vernacular knowledge. The question is how the transmission of layman knowledge can work in a corpus designed for scientific knowledge? Which methodologies must be chosen to fit the transmission to the kind of knowledge and the concerned audience?
The question is how the people who use the agro-ecological knowledge have been able to acquire it and use it for developing a learning process, and it can be passed on by the training?
Through this project, we intend to participate in a dynamic of promoting/upgrading this agro-ecological knowledge, and of these ingenious systems implemented with the passing of time on the territories. In this context, the training is aimed at developing the evolution of representations, acquisition, or reintroduction of techniques, consolidation of network and of social links.
Our project allowed to:
- participate in the evolution toward a productive and sustainable agriculture, in creating a training module for trainers incorporating several pedagogical approaches adapted to the consideration, the promotion, the learning and the implementation of agro-ecological knowledge.
- exchange on the approaches about the concept of agro-ecology, the notion of agro-ecological knowledge, the different pedagogical experiences undertaken by partners, the training needs.
- revisit the modes of acquisition and transmission of knowledge by allowing the trainer to move from a stance of transmission of knowledge (teacher) toward a stance of a facilitator/mediator/ /guide in the discovery and consolidation of this knowledge for the learner.
-develop a teaching strategy supported by observations, an inventory of practices, farmers' opinions and experimental practices, to train the trainers to understand this position, and integrate this acquired knowledge into the reference data of initial and continuing training of trainers .
- develop teaching tools adapted to the ways of transmission of this informal knowledge, to their particular features, and the relation between the trainer and the learner.
- introduce modules of awareness that take into account the «informal" knowledge and lead to the recognition of other knowledge during the training in addition to the scientific contributions.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
material for open learning
Our project has highpoint:
The need for a comprehensive approach to the act of production centred around a specific agro-ecosystem level in which the producer is responsible like the consumers in a social organization based on more solidarity.
The necessity of taking into account standards of quality (organoleptic properties and vitality).
The usefulness of implementing or rehabilitating those eco-friendly practices,
The urgency to develop the appropriate agro-ecological practices that can be easily transmissible (autonomy from the inputs including energy and marketing)...
The importance of the integration of this approach in Higher Technical Agricultural Education
In the long run, it will have a direct impact on the farmers by the improvement of their knowledge through the prospective training within the partnership project.
In addition, this project will create a real European network around agro-ecological knowledge. Besides the promotion/valuation of this knowledge -and generally speaking agro-ecology - is part of the EU member states priorities. This network will be utterly appropriate to this project open at a European level.
As far as the target audiences are concerned,the trainers, they will benefit from training modules for trainers. Then, they will benefit from the results of the project, and will then pass on their acquired knowledge to the most closely concerned that are the farmers (for the trainers) and the future agricultural advisers (for teachers).