Title Competence instead of quota - Women as supporters for business success by fairness. Self-organized learning measures for women in (or intended for) leading positions.
Project Number DE/13/LLP-LdV/TOI/147 617
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Women usually have social competences, which make them different to men. But women often are not aware of their competences. With this coaching project women in leading positions (or those intended for) are being encouraged to identify their own strengths and to deploy them for a “business success by fairness”. The TOI-project (Transfer of Innovation) has been accomplished according to a coaching concept for women in a leading position developed in Germany. Together with partners from Hungary, Italy and Poland the coaching concept has been realised by pilot-measures and, as a result, has been transferred into a European one.
Taking their employees along makes companies more successful in the long term. That needs a corporate culture, which is based on trust and respect for each other, e.g. employees, customers, suppliers and the public. Women with their social competences are especially predestined to develop consensus oriented business strategies. Thus, they contribute to business success and to satisfaction of the persons involved. The project focuses on supporting women who are within a leadership position and those intended for. They are encouraged to identify their own strengths and to make use of them within a targeted leadership style. That will make up a synergy effect: On the one hand women climb the carrier ladder without any quota regulations. And by the help of these women companies develop into successful businesses on the other hand.
During the project special coaching measures have been applied which individually encourage women’s leadership skills according to their needs. This has been realized based on competence checks and individual coaching plans. Together with Hungarian, Italian and Polish partners the previously in Germany developed coaching concept (transfer product) has been further developed into a European coaching model "Business women for company success" (Competence-Model).
The project has been coordinated by BFW Dresden gGmbH and has partners in Germany (anda), Italy (CMP, SKILLAB), Poland (OPZL), and Hungary (Kopernikusz).
1. The starting product (the subject of transfer of innovation) has been handed over to the project partners. The core item of the starting product, the Competence Check, is designed for self-evaluation of the participant woman and for developing a coaching plan together with her. The general idea of application of the Competence Check and the aim of subsequent coaching measures have been subject to the first consortial partners' meeting.
2.The following activities included the verification and if necessary the adaptation of the Competence Check in every partner country together with professional coaches. The German project partners supported this process by bilateral meetings on site.
3. The Competence Check has been translated into all partner languages and has been tested on site. Initial decisions have been made on subcontracting professional coaches and on coaching measures according to the idea of the transfer product.
4. The project idea with Competence Check plus coaching of business women in (for) leading positions has been disseminated to SMEs in every partner country. 190 women have been interviewed using the Competence Check.
5. The outcome of the Competence Checks, strengths and potentials of women in leading positions have been summarized and published. This also was subject to an International Workshop with project partners, their professional coaches and business women.
6. Joint agreement on methods/frames/subjects of coaching by the project partners and step by step realization of coaching measures for 40 participant women in four countries.
7.Ongoing exchange among partners on coaching experiences which went into one of the main project products - the European coaching model "Business women for company success".
8. Acquisition of eight participant women for to be portrayed in a best practice brochure (another main project product) plus publishing the brochure in every partner country.
9. Final consortial partner meeting plus International Workshop on outcome and experiences of the project. Joint discussion with business women and coaches to further propagate the idea of the project and its European coaching model beyond the project's life time. Joint agreement on building up a network among the former project partners that involves coaches and business women, too. Agreement on rough structure and responsibilities of the network partners.
Utilization and distribution of results
Administrative and Support Service Activities
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
program or curricula
The transfer product has been successfully tested and has been approved in praxis in all partner countries. All checks and coaching measures have been welcomed and valued by the business women involved in the project. From the project's good practice evolved the strong will of partners, coaches and business women to further continue on working and disseminating the idea of the project's European coaching model "Business women for company success" by building up a joint network.
1. Brochure: "Business women in leading positions. Results of the Competence Check in four European countries according to the House Model - With fairness to success." (EN)
2. Brochure: "Women manage differently. Eight business women in portrait." (EN, DE, HU, IT, PL), Best Practice, eight business women in portrait.
3. European coaching model "Business women for company success. (Competence Model)"(EN)
4. Brochure: "Competence instead of quota. Women in leadership towards an effective change in enterprises' values." (DE, HU, IT, PL), associated brochure at the International Workshop in Berlin (Sep. 2014)