Title Development and transfer of training courses and materials for sustainability in professional cooking
Project Number DE/13/LLP-LdV/TOI/147651
Product Course curriculum "SusCooks"
Title Course curriculum "SusCooks"
Product Type open and distance learning
Marketing Text E-Learning course "SusCooks", consisting of 15 units combined into 5 thematic modules for training on sustainability in professional cooking.
Description E-Learning course "SusCooks", consisting of 15 units combined into 5 thematic modules for training on sustainability in professional cooking. All partners jointly analyzed in a revision process the elaborated learning materials and course contents regarding quality and common style and approach, and correction of the English language of the materials and content.
Target group Target groups are teachers at tourism and HoReCa educational institutions, human resource managers in gastronomy and touristic enterprises, cooking personnel in public catering, institutions of adult education.
The E-Learning course "SusCooks" consists of the following content:
Module 1: Cooks can Change the World
• Unit 1: The role of the cook in driving positive change
• Unit 2: The social, economic and environmental impacts of food
• Unit 3: What we mean by sustainability and sustainable food?
Module 2: Planning - Let´s get started!
• Unit 4: Understanding your customer
• Unit 5: Balancing health, sustainability and cost
• Unit 6: Menu planning for step by step change
Module 3: Procurement
• Unit 7: Identifying sustainable food
• Unit 8: Sourcing sustainable food
• Unit 9: Keeping your costs down
Module 4 ”Preparation”
• Unit 10: Making meals with healthy and sustainable ingredients
• Unit 11: Kitchen management, including energy and water
• Unit 12: Minimising packaging and waste
Module 5 - Communicate and motivate for positive change
• Unit 13 - Presentation, setting and customer relationship
• Unit 14 - Developing a culture of sustainability and excellence
• Unit 15 - Marketing and communications
Area of application
These new e-learning courses and offers of SusCooks not only extend the supply of vocational training for the branch, but complete the existing educational spectrum for the European cooking sector substantially by new future oriented methods.
The new innovative web-based offers meet the needs of many parts of the addressed target groups: cooks and cooking staff already engaged in canteens and gastronomy, teachers and students integrated in further education. Managers and personnel cooking business profit from further opportunities, to train their staff by timely flexible learning offers without negative impacts on work.