Title Evaluation of the energy efficiency in the building sector
Project Number 2013-1-FR1-LEO05-48182
Product Training modules on the evaluation of energy efficiency of buildings
Title Training modules on the evaluation of energy efficiency of buildings
Product Type teaching material
Marketing Text The new French thermal regulation requires to evaluate the energy efficiency of the building and its system during the design process, and tends to promote the evaluation of the performance of the building after its construction. Achieving this goal is not possible without involving the practitioners in the whole "quality chain". Moreover, with upgrading their skills on the issue of the evaluation of the energy efficiency, SMEs increase the quality of their products, improve their competitiveness and the skills of its employees.
Description New modules in the form of online presentations are being created on eight different topics (WP5). Their development has been based on the learning objectives and syllabi defined in WP3. These modules are being developed along with the relevant tests.
Target group Entrepreneurs and managers of small and medium-size companies, engineers and craftsmen in the building construction sector and air conditioning supply.
The course modules on 'Evaluation of the energy efficiency in buildings', which are being developed,include the following topics:
- Building regulation and national context, with a focus on the "Guarantee of performance" as stated by the French national regulation
- Insulation, and evaluation of the air-tightness
- Building design, thermal inertia and thermal comfort
- Efficient systems for heating and cooling : generation, distribution, emission and regulation
- Renewable energies : photovoltaics, thermal solar, wood
- Tools for the evaluation of the building design (before construction)
- Methods and approaches for evaluating the building and systems energy efficiency after the construction
Theses modules will also include exercises and tests for self-evaluation.
Area of application E-learning material dedicated to SMEs managers and craftsmen.