Title COGAN - Competency in Geotechnical Analysis
Project Number UK/13/LLP-LdV/TOI-620
Product Educational Base
Title Educational Base
Product Type open and distance learning
Marketing Text There are several deliverables that have been developed for the project: a project website, an industry needs survey report, an educational base, a competency framework and two e-learning training courses. Now the project has finished, NAFEMS has ownership of the project deliverables detailed.
The educational base is a set of statements outlining and explaining the competencies a competent simulation engineer should possess. It covers areas of technology including:
- Design and Numerical Model for Geotechnical Analysis
- Structural Elements and Interfaces
- Constitutive Models and Parameters for Structural Materials
- Constitutive Models for Geomaterials
- Obtaining Soil/Rock Parameters
- Saturated/Unsaturated Groundwater Flow
- Drained/Undrained Analysis
- Consolidation (Coupled)
- Limit State Analysis
- Validation of Analysis Results
- Excavations (Deep)
- Earth Works/Slopes
- Soil Mechanics
- Rock Mechanics
- Modelling Applications and Design Code - Considerations
Within the educational base, links will be provided to relevant books and training courses that can be utilised by individuals to fulfil the competencies contained within the
Target group Anyone engaged in engineering analysis and simulation in the Geotechnical Industry.
Result Competence statements covering 16 technical areas.
Area of application Self learning.
Product Languages English