Title WEUK - Work Experience in the UK
Project Number 2012-1-FR1-LEO01-34722
Project Type Mobility - initial vocational training IVT
Individual Participation Possible until: 03.02.2012
As in all countries, our young people don't have the same opportunities in terms of national or cross-national mobilities (for private or professional use). In the end, their employability suffers.
Therefore, this project aimed to reduce these inequalities by proposing a totally free training period abroad, including vocational, linguistic and cultural training, with accomodation in host family.
Participants' skills, motivations and open-mindedness have been absolutely improved, with the hope that it will be the same for their futur employability.
The 9 student mobilities (+ 1 accompagnying teacher) took place in Plymouth, UK. The concerned students were all from our vocational departments and most of them are from low socio-professional categories. So, they never or few have the opportunity, in their personal life, to travel abroad.
This mobility period, which took place during the second work placement of the second year of a three-year A-level, began in June 16 and finished in July 5.
The content was the following:
- a two-week work placement in a vocational training centre to complete the already acquired skills and competences in the realization, the test and the maintenance of electrical installations. Il also allows a comparison between the English materials, rules and work methods and the French ones,
- a one-week intensive linguistic training to develop the skills of the students in general and technical English,
- some cultural activities like visits (in Plymouth and surroundings) and exchange visits with students from other EU-countries and staff members of the hosting partner school,
- a host family accomodation, in peer with a student from another EU-country, to foster the use of the English language,
- the issuance of the Europass mobility and of the Europass language passport, both in English and in French, to encourage future mobilities during the worklife.
The main initial project objectives, in terms of skills development (vocational, linguistic, cultural and interpersonal), open-mindedness growth, improvement of the European citizenship, and development of the mobility propensity, have been all absolutely achieved.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Utilization and distribution of results
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply
Information and Communication