Title PERSONAL CERTIFICATION FOR ACADEMIC TUTORS
Project Number 2012-1-FR1-LEO05-34215
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
This project is dedicated to the recognition of the essential role of the academic tutor in the security and the success of the route of apprenticeship.
The demonstration and the recognition of his compétences can be realised through a certification recognized by the Education professionals.
Summary The generalized development of sandwich training schemes or on the job training schemes is associated with a strong need in terms of framing and accompaniment of the trainees and students concerned. Tutoring became a topic increasingly present in the teaching, training, work and socio-professional organizations. However the tutoring function does not benefit to date from any European recognition. Let’s recall that tutoring in the field of the education and training has as a function to support the switchover between training and employment. The state of the art on this subject highlights the necessity to recognize the tutor as a lever of development. This function is still badly known and weakly developed but essential for the quality of the training schemes and the transmission of knowledge and skills.
The CERTITUDE consortium is creating an Academic Tutor competence certification scheme by developing a certification scheme in compliance with the requirements of the ISO 17024 standard, remotively accessible, reproductible, usable by interested certification bodies and approved by market players.
To answers the Certitude aims, the consortium is going to organize tests and evaluation in real situation in order to improve and finalize the certification scheme; is going to work on the definition of a "business model" and the preparation of the certification's market launch.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Other Service Activities
Activities of Extraterritorial Organisations and Bodies
transparency and certification
The products of the CERTITUDE project are available :
- a certification scheme of the academic tutor
- an academic tutor's job profile with 3 professional habilities' levels
- an on-line platform for certification examination
- tests for examination
- a scheme committee dedicated to the academic tutor's certification scheme
- a certification test's report
- a dissemination plan
- a quality management plan
- a project's website
- a foundation created to own the certification scheme, it's an operational structure,dealing with the certification scheme implementation, integrity control and continuous improvement
- a foundation's website
- an IP co-ownership agreement
- an exploitation plan to promote the results