Title Dyslexic Knowledge Transfer in VET system
Project Number 2012-1-CZ1-LEO05-09680
Product Module 2
Title Module 2
Product Type modules
Marketing Text Module 2 - Assessing strengths and weaknesses
The purpose of this module is to provide a basic understanding of the issues around the identification of strengths and weaknesses for the dyslexic individual.
In this module we are briefly looking at the assessment process.
1. Be able to understand why we should assess and how it is context dependent.
2. Understand the difference between a checklist and a full assessment.
3. Understand the difference between a “dyslexia” assessment and a “needs” assessment.
4. Have a clear understanding of which strengths and weaknesses can be tested, and how.
5. Have a basic understanding of what the results mean and how the information should be used.
6. Understand that often there are problems that co‐exist with dyslexia, which also need to be supported.
7. Understand who can carry out assessments
8. Introduction to alternative models of dyslexia.
Target group Teachers, trainers, tutors in vocational education and managers and HR personnel as actors at the labour market.
Module 2 - Assessing strengths and weaknesses
The module is accessible from the project website www.dysvet.eu
Area of application