Title Alliances sectorielles pour les compétences – tourisme et restauration
Project Number EAC-2012-0634
Project Type Développement d'innovation
Status En cours
Country EU-Projets centralisés
Marketing Text Les programmes de formation tout au long de la vie de la Commission européenne tels que Comenius, Leonardo, Grundtvig, Transversal et Erasmus seront suivis et remplacés par le programme ‘Erasmus pour tous’. Ce projet couvrira toutes les actions sous une seule appellation ‘Erasmus pour tous’. En conséquence, en 2012, la Commission européenne a attribué 2,5 millions d’Euros au pilotage de QUATRE projets avant de lancer le nouveau programme. Les appels à proposition ont été lancés et approuvés dans les disciplines suivantes : industrie automobile, santé et assistance sociale, économie d’énergie y compris construction durable, tourisme et restauration.
Today shortages of vocational skills have become a serious problem in many economic sectors. Consequently, Europe has to better match demand for and supply of skills.
This pilot projects on Sector Skills Alliances(SSA) specifically for Tourism and Catering aims at gaining experience of transnational partnerships which address the challenges of skills mismatches and shortages. The results will feed into European and national policy making will also boost VET policy and strategy in the economic sectors concerned.
In addition, there will be a NEW qualification produced for the Tourism and Catering Sector at EQF Level 4 / Level 5 to combat the above challenges.
The overall aim of SSA-TC project is to develop and design an innovative, mutually recognisable and transparent curriculum / qualification based on ECVET principles at EQF level 4 which will meet the specific needs of tourism and catering industry in Europe, at present and in the future.
1. Evaluate the skill needs, skill gaps, skill shortages and skill mismatches in the tourism and catering industry across Europe. This will be addressed by using Empirical and Field Research by the project partners focussing of main stakeholders comprising large, medium and small enterprises.
2. Examine and analyse the curriculum or qualifications being offered at present by the educational and training institutions amongst the project partner countries. In addition, the level of qualification, pedagogy styles, assessment strategy being used in delivering vocational training.
3. Compare the results of skill needs / skill shortages and curriculum analysis to identify the similarities and any major gaps in curriculum observed during the study.
4. Identify the best practices observed during the research survey being carried out. Such as, curriculum content, teaching methodologies, learning styles, assessment strategies.
5. Develop and design a new curriculum / qualification. It is vital that this new curriculum / qualification being offered is at a minimum EQF level to provide high level skills required by the tourism and catering industry.
6. Design a website for SSA-TC and an e-learning platform as an on-line learning resource which will have the new curriculum / qualifications with comprehensive learning content in the form of text, pictures, powerpoint presentations, videos and an on-line assessment strategy. The objective is to offer an on-line qualification which allows a flexible learning at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 day a year also suitable for learners already in employment.
7. Pilot and test the qualification produced at the selected project partners institutions to obtain feedback from learners and tutors.
8. Evaluate the results of pilot conducted as regards to the suitability of learning contents, assessment process and any other observations.
9. Modify any weaknesses and improve the performance of on-line learning platform to satisfy the needs of learners and other stakeholders especially the tourism and catering industry.
10. Produce SSA-TC qualification handbook and DVD.
11. Compile a strategy paper to inform all the interested stakeholders and the EU policy makers about the final outcomes of SSA-TC project. This paper will highlight recommendations for Initial and Continuous Vocational Education and Training in the tourism and catering industry in Europe.
12. Organise a final conference and a dissemination event for the main stakeholders of the tourism and catering industry. This will be supplemented by the website, e-mail pool and publishing articles.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Validation, transparence, certification
Hébergement et Restauration
Autres Activités de Services
Enseignement à distance
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Méthodes de distribution
Transparence et certification
Procédure pour l'analyse et le pronostic des besoins de la formation professionnelle
1. State of the Art Report - Tourism and Catering describing Training and Skills need analysis.
2. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Handbook.
3. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - DVD.
4. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - New Qualification (EQF Level 4 / Level 5).
5. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Strategy Paper.
6. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Website.
7. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Newsletter.
8. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Flyers.
9. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Posters.
10. Sector Skills Alliances Tourism and Catering - Final Conference.