Title Getting Health & Safety Across Europe H&S@work
Project Number 2012-1-IT1-LEO05-02795
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The project aimed to transfer the results of the original yearly programme "Comunicating Safety" carried out by Provincia di Livorno and Provincia di Livorno Sviluppo to other EU partner organizations with the contribute of DK and UK in analysis and implementation. The implemented programme had been transferred to IT, FR and PL involving in the process the actors of VET systems, social partners, trade unions, public and private companies and schools, with updating courses addressed to workers (women and immigrants too) and teachers, specific informative actions and awareness raising on dedicated topics targeted to students, companies and entrepreneurs.
The expected result had been to increase the level of competence in the matter of H&S at EU level to guarantee a lowering of the accident at the workplace and to assure a good expertise in H&S@work to people that work in EU SMEs with particular attention to target groups at social exclusion risk
Summary H&S at work deserves a prominent place on the EU policies agenda. Safety at work is one of the most urgent topic for the protection of workers, to increase quality and welfare of the SMEs, their competitiveness and growth. Accidents at work that continue to occur though compliance with rules: there is a need to enhance the safety culture in people. This is why since 2003 on the territory of Livorno (IT),the Province of Livorno (P1) and Provincia di Livorno Sviluppo (P2) worked together to promote training/information/awareness and dissemination of good practices on the theme yearly launched by EU Agency. Since 2005 this became a yearly program promoted by the local bodies responsible of the protection and safety at work, with social partners, Health Care local agency,equality bodies and structures of VET together in the "Permanent consultation Table". The actions carried out were: training/information activities/awareness and dissemination targeted to workers/employers/students and teachers/civil society. All those activities and all the products realized by P1 and P2 are very precious for other organizations and Arsel Liguria (P0) that in partnerships with P1 and P2 for other EU Programmes decided to transfer this important results: “H&S@Work” transferred the system created by P1 and P2 to other EU Countries,updating and enriching it with innovative contents from the other countries. The provincial program had been analyzed and implemented thanks to UK/IT/DK and transferred to other 2 IT partners,PL and FR: P1 and P2 broght their experience and capacity to ensure the holding of shares; UK/ DK offered their expertise in safety and the ability to dialogue with SMEs and associations, dissemination capability in networks; PL/FR/2 IT offered the guarantees of the piloting with their experience in training and development system with the acquired practices.The results/products:Committees of parties involved in local security; social networks for peer learning; protocol between local actors;training courses; multilingual information/promotional products, one “H&S@Work project Day”. The target:young people entering in the labor market/women/immigrants. The impact had been in terms of planning of actions for prevention and safety in the areas through partner networks and the tools tested with the project. At the end 500 public/private companies and 3000 workers were made aware, 300 people involved in guidance activity, 120 workers trained.
The project "Getting Health & Safety Across Europe - H & S @ WORK was divided into three phases:
- Analysis of the original project and the needs of the partner areas, the study of European trends to update and adapt the system, products and tools, in order to make the appropriate transfer. There were involved, in addition to partners, local actors who took part at the tables on the safety, workers and businesses of the 5 partner countries contributing to the implementation of the model;
- Transfer of the model in 40 target companies (20 GB, 10 FR, PL 10) with training courses / information (252 hours total) and guidelines on H & S for workers / employers that cover the different roles of prevention and protection of workers in the workplace (such as managers and charged to the Prevention and Protection) guidance sessions and safety at work for 300 people including workers / employers, teachers and students (48 hours total);
- Production and dissemination of materials / products updated at national and European level. To this activity participated in the 5 partner countries, the safety committees, 2,000 workers and 400 businesses.
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Public Administration and Defence; Compulsory Social Security
Transportation and Storage
Other Service Activities
Information and Communication
material for open learning
audio or video cassettes
open and distance learning
- Brochure description of the project
• Website / social networking platform
• linguistic and cultural adaptation of the original system "Communicating Safety" means products / tools
• Multilingual Information brochure on the key concepts
• Training modules and guidance
• Questionnaires "Customer Satisfaction"
• Policy paper
• Final report of qualitative monitoring
• Short promotional
• DVD and multilingual shown on warning signs
• Manual sustainability of the project activities
• Competition for best practice
• An international event, "H & S @ work project day" in Bilbao, at the European Agency for Safety - Osha