Title Knowledge Alliance for Training Quality and Excellence in Automotive (AQUA)
Project Number EAC-2012-0635
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
This project aims at implementing a certified on-line training about “Best and Next Practices in implementing ISO15504 Quality, ISO26262 Functional Safety and Reliability in Automotive”, unique and highly demanded by automotive companies in view of the exponentially rising complexity of functions controlled by software and electronics in modern cars. However, this should only be the first step in a long-term strategic alliance, and the partners’ synergies will be largely enhanced via their networks:
- Automotive Sys conferences by VDA
- EuroSPI conferences by ISCN
- EMIRAcle research and academy network.
Our partnership is innovative, because it allows covering the entire life cycle of a specific Automotive Qualification (i.e., agreeing, specifying, developing, deploying, disseminating and certifying skills) within ONE consortium.
Our concrete aim is to create
- a unique complementary sustainable strategic alliance for the implementation and Europe-wide deployment of modern certified VET Curricula in Quality, Functional Safety, and Reliability on an organisational level.
- a complete certified VET on-line training program (alternatively 3-days classroom training) on “Best and Next Practices in implementing ISO15504 Quality, ISO26262 Functional Safety and Reliability in Automotive”.
- significant impact during the project, which will be the basis for successful broad exploitation, by a very strict and targeted
dissemination strategy mainly facilitated by the Automotive Associations (which influence and decide about Automotive VET Training and Education curricula all over their countries) and all associated networks.
The following partners, bringing together ALL stakeholders required to set up a sustainable strategic alliance that can assure the Europe-wide delivery of specific Automotive VET Curricula including European certification, want to join their complementary forces to address specific worker qualification and certification needs in the “hottest” topics in automotive - Quality, Functional Safety, and Reliability:
Europe-wide recognised certifier:
- ECQA: provides a framework and platform for quality assurance of skill sets, trainings, and on-line services of self-assessment,
training, and certification
- Automotive Clusters in Slovenia and in Upper Austria: running Automotive Academies where the project results will become part of the
curriculum; already cooperate with the VDA (German Automotive Association pushing standards like ISO 15504, Automotive SPICE,
ISO 26262, IEC 15508, and certifying individuals and organisations; the key organisation of European Automotive Industry, headed by VW) and some of the VETs in their Academies.
VET Training Bodies:
- ISCN: accredited by, and strongly cooperating with the VDA-QMC; moderator of the German Automotive Initiative SOQRATES
(including Continental, Elektrobit, Hella, KTM, Magna Powertrain, ZF, etc.)
- Symbol: focus on Reliability and Quality
- TUG-ITI: Research Institute with focus on Embedded Systems
- EMIRAcle: European Association
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Information and Communication
transparency and certification
program or curricula
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
open and distance learning