Title SI.FOR Sistema Formativo al Valore-Lavoro del Riuso
Project Number 2012-1-IT1-LEO05-02781
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The Emilia-Romagna Region promotes active policies centred on the research and application of a new model of development accounting for environmental sustainability, social cohesion and access to training and work. This attitude allowed the Region to identify among the social enterprises an increasing need of training for the function of “Valorizator”, an expert in the waste (WEEE, Textiles, Bulky) prevention/management/recycling/reuse chain, capable of selecting and activating innovative processes of revitalization and market relocation. Such a role, which is today carried out informally, with little efficacy and no proper training, has now become mandatory and highly demanded.
The main product of the project is a testing work plan and transfer of the learning process for the acknowledgement "at work” of the Valorizator's profile on the EQF-ECVET basis.
Furthermore, the feasibly study is about:
- Innovation of the techniques for the regeneration of materials and products;
- Development of new “door-to-door” collection systems;
- Reuse marketing and trash design initiatives.
With Sifor project you were transferred to Italy thr professional training devices for the "recovery of waste", a particular activity regeneration and put back on the market for waste, also called "preparation for reuse" by the European Directive 2008 / EC / 98. The devices transferred, intercepted originally in French model for the reuse of waste electronic partner ENVIE, were then enriched by the Belgian model of partner RREUSE in textile and bulky waste. Through the activity of transnational study visits, of testing, analysis and adaptation, discussion and dissemination of devices, it was developed the job profile of "Valorizer" in the context of social economy in Emilia Romagna Region. You were also laid for the development of the professional profile in partner countries. In practice, the main achievements were:
- Made an educational device / ad hoc training (Results 7 and 8) that allowed to promote the empowerment of workers in the market of the green economy, as well as the competitiveness of the social economy in the waste chain, allowing them to initiate partnerships, and create the first job.
- Identified production processes and working of waste treatment, thanks to the preliminary investigation of the models of the partner countries, carried out in collaboration between institutions, training, employment (Result 5)
- Identified the enhancement processes with particular regard to European category of "preparation for reuse", through experiments at the hands of managers, of the social workers involved in the project (Results 10 and 12) who were able to take the professionals in the field of prevention / reuse / recycling of waste
- Identified the professional profile of Valorizer, or the number of activities and skills act in the prevention / re-use of waste, in anticipation of the insertion of the device in the regional inventories of qualifications (14 Result)
- Promoted transparency and enhancement of learning outcomes by focusing on the value of the results of non-formal and experiential learning acquired by managers / workers in the course of training and experimentation conducted in the project (13 Result)
The stages and key processes of the design:
• The partners Emilia Romagna Region and Trinijove - with the contribution of the regions Catalonia, Wallonia, Alsace – started and managed the phase of analysis and comparison of the patterns of formalization and certification of skills adopted by the partner countries (Result 5); the work program of study visits (Result 6); adaptation and fine-tuning of the profile for a new qualification (Result 14). The professional profile is referenced systems classifiers ATECO2007, CP2011 and ISCO-08 (15 Result).
• Simultaneously, the transfer of operational models has been realized thanks to the experiments performed in Italian managers / workers beneficiaries of the partner Orius (Results 9:10) with the scientific support of partner Uni.MO.RE. (Results 11 and 12).
• The transfer of the training device started from the study visits made by Italian managers in Belgium and France, this one at partner ENVIE (primary transferring) that has previously developed a model teaching and support to the operational work processes and roles / functions of waste treatment (Result 7 and 8).
• The learning process has been modeled with detecting and putting in value the knowledge / skills acquired by managers / workers beneficiaries by the partner Orius (Result 13).
The functions support and transversal key initiatives:
- Communication activities, diffusion and dissemination, led by partner RREUSE (in collaboration with Orius and the different partners involved), with awareness of its network of European social enterprises, managing the website and online platforms Dropbox and Youtube ( Result 17:22), newsletters and press / press conferences (Result 18), seminars organized for dissemination in / from each partner country (Result 19). On behalf of the partners it was also produced a glossary of terms of the most significant contents addressed in order to make more intelligible the design process (Result 16);
- The strategic management (Region ER) and operational coordination (Orius) of entire path (witnessed by Results 1, 2, 3, 4)
- The monitoring and evaluation of stages and results of the project by the partner Pestalozzi, which led to continuous improvement and the necessary course corrections in the pipeline (Results 20 and 21).
Access for disadvantaged
Recognition, transparency, certification
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
description of new occupation profiles
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
According to the logical development of the project, we have grouped the results / products based on consequential and the relationships between phases of work. In summary, the actual planning stages were:
• Analysis of the context of the professional profile - Results 5
• Training (visits and accompaniment) - Results 6, 7,8
• Vertical and horizontal testing - Results 9, 10, 11, 12
• Formalizing professional and learning models - Results 13, 14, 15, 16
• Diffusion and dissemination (transverse) - Results 17, 18, 19, 22
• Planning and coordination (cross) - Results 1, 2, 3, 4
• Monitoring and Evaluation (transverse) - Results 20, 21
Analysis of the context of the professional profile - Results 5
The Regions Emilia Romagna and Catalonia, with the support of the Foundation Trinijove and University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, were able to analyse the context of the European Waste Qualifications investigate the processes of businesses and adapt them to the French and Belgian legislation / contexts local, in order to identify the skills needed for new processes of waste management (recycling vs. disposal.
Training (visits and accompaniment) - Results 6, 7, 8
The process of training, contextual study of the context of the professional profile, included visits study, from managers of the Italian partner Orius with the support of partners Unimore and Region ER, at the French and Belgian social enterprises. Following two visits, the French partner Envie accompanied the development of learning and adaptation of training devices and managerial, through mentoring on site (in Italy) and online of its experts.
Vertical and horizontal testing - Results 9, 10, 11, 12
The testing processes were launched following the study visits and included a number of activities carried out mainly by managers and workers of social enterprises beneficiaries, supported and guided by the researchers / experts of partners UniMoRe and Orius. They were made shared initiatives such as workshops, individualized seminars, workshops, project work to plan the path, collection and process data of the business models and management, apply and adapt these models in the field, in the course of ordinary activities performed workplace.
In this context, it was produced:
- 2 programs of the processes of two trials, agreed with managers / workers involved in the study visits,
- 2 final reports of the processes of two trials, developed by managers / workers involved in the study visits with support / mentoring partners Orius and Unimore.
Formalizing professional and learning models - Results 13, 14, 15, 16
In the final phase, the regions of Emilia Romagna and Catalonia, with the support of the Foundation Trinijove and University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, were able to identify the activities, knowledge, and skills constituent of the skills needed to manage the new processes of waste management (recycling vs. disposal). The profile was set referenced systems classifiers ATECO2007, CP2011 and ISCO-08. A necessary integration of the professional profile, has been modelled the learning process "not / in formal" adopted during the project from managers / workers beneficiaries. It was finally worked out a common glossary to promote greater understanding of the design process, integrating the technical terminology of the three contexts involved such as educational, social, environmental.
Diffusion and dissemination (cross) - Results 17, 18, 19, 22
Throughout the project, they have made products and initiatives designed to disseminate the contents and to enhance the results of the project in progress and final.
They have been implemented: 10 online platforms for internal use on the Dropbox server, and a web site on a server Wordpress www.sifor.eu; 6 newsletter, of which 5 transnational as expected, and a supplementary national circulation; 10 press releases and 5 press conferences; 1 technical workshop and mainstreaming seminar in Italy, 3 dissemination seminars in Romania, Spain and Belgium.
They also have been many initiatives to disseminate additional, not initially foreseen by the project, including a dissemination seminar in Italy, a Facebook page dedicated to the group of beneficiaries, brochures spread in 5 languages of partnership, a promotional video of the project uploaded on YouTube platform, an additional newsletter.
Planning and coordination (cross) - Results 1, 2, 3, 4
The activities of the overall management of the project were handled by the Lead Partner (Region ER) and the coordinating partner (Orius) during the entire development of the project. Activities included 4 results / products:
- 2 products (program and final report) planning and detection of process management and operational coordination (partner Orius)
- 2 products (final report) detection of the process of governance and political mainstreaming (partner Region ER)
Monitoring and Evaluation (cross) - Results 20, 21
The process of monitoring and evaluation of the project design , managed by partners that Pestalozzi, has had the function of "training" to the same project partners, who through this action were able to "learn from their experience" to draw conclusions already in the process, intercepting the dysfunctions, their motivations and improvement actions. They produced 2 result areas:
- Result Top 20 "Monitoring and assessment plan, including the tools for the assessment"
- Result Top 21 "Three interim and one final assessment reports"