Title Pfade für Absolventen
Project Number 2012-1-PL1-LEO05-27441
Project Type Innovationstransfer
PfG zielt darauf ab, die Integration junger Absolventen in den Arbeitsmarkt
zu verbessern und zu beschleunigen. Dies soll durch einen mehrsprachigen und
interkulturellen Trainingskurs geschehen, der es Ihnen erlaubt, die
notwendigen Fähigkeiten zu erlangen um entweder direkt in den Arbeitsmarkt
einzutreten oder weitere Qualifizierungsmaßnahmen zu identifizieren und in
Anspruch zu nehmen.
Gleichzeitig erlaubt es Ausbildungsorganisationen gezieltere Informationen
über die Bedürfnisse der Auszubildenden.
The PfG project will have a very significant impact on Graduates as it will assist them to get a job. It will do this by greatly improving their employability through developing their soft skills (communications, team work etc); improving their job search skills; building a deep understanding of what employers are looking for in potential new employees; & developing their interview and presentation skills.
The following objectives have been set:
• Better equip trainees for smooth integration into employment through improved workplace communication and teamwork skills
• Assist trainees to build an electronic/online career portfolio and use online career marketing tools to search and apply for jobs either locally or internationally & increase their ability to compete for jobs.
• Orientate trainees in VET structures and ways to access training as a means to personal development and improved employment opportunities
• Gain an indepth understanding of the barriers facing young graduates in partner countries and the practical ways in which they can be overcome
• Transfer (including adaptation) existing training materials to create a new training resource combining classroom teaching and online content.
• Ensure the high quality of the new training resource by carrying out a thorough testing process with the target group.
• Promote the widespread use of the training course focussing on Universities, VET Institutions and social actors with access to graduates, and other training bodies with potential to mainstream the course.
The PfG consortium of 5 partners from 4 countries has developed over time as a strong multidisciplinary partnership. Collaboration between 4 of the partners was consolidated in the previous LLP project, and 2 others have worked previously on an ERASMUS project.
Pathways for Graduates (PFG) wass based on an existing Employment Upgrade course developed in 2009 by the Pathways to Work Consortium to help young immigrants working in jobs inferior to their skills level, overcome barriers and “upgrade” their employment. The existing tool for Immigrants has 7 modules:
• Building Personal Confidence & Self Awareness
• Developing Teamwork & Communications Skills
• What do you need to work/live abroad?
• Know your Employment rights
• Career Preparation
• Job Search Skills & Interview techniques
• Money Management
These modules were adapted to the needs of new target groups (University and VET school Graduates). In addition to the basis of Baseline Audit & Needs Analysis Report three new modules were added:
• Presentation Skills
• Labour Market Needs & Trends
• Practicalities of starting a job
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Zugang für Benachteiligte
Erziehung und Unterricht
Information und Kommunikation
• Baseline Audit & Needs Analysis Report
• Electronic Newsletters
• Facebook Page
• Pathways for Graduates Training Course
• Promotional brochure
• Pilot test report
• DVD Trainers Pack for Classroom delivery
• POP UP Stands
• Publication - Graduates in the European Labour Market. Employment, Entrepreneurship, Initiatives.