Title Transfer of Innovative Training Solutions for VET of quality professionals (TITus)
Project Number 2012-1-RO1-LEO05-21128
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The TITus project has disseminated in Romania, Norway and Italy a new learning environment that utilizes the recently developed Activity Based Training (ABT) pedagogical methodology and the Student Response System (SRS) that helps increase interaction and communication in class.
The training solutions provide a new flexible competence transfer model that may combine on-site training and mobile technology by use of the students’ own mobile devices. ABT focuses on delivering theoretical content just in front of the practical training tasks, linking directly theory and practice according to the industrial production path of an object. By using such a model in combination with the use of questionnaires where students reply to multiple choice questions through mobile devices (SRS), it is possible to transfer education, competence and know-how on a just-in-time basis without distance limitations in a lifelong learning perspective.
Reason: The MECCA LdV pilot project (05-07) developed the new Activity Based Training (ABT) learning environment. ABT follows always the industrial production process, where the students always produce a final product. ABT facilitate 1) a just-in-time on-the-job production workflow competence and knowledge transfer approach, 2) a pedagogical model where theoretical training is always immediately followed by practical training, 3) coordinated use of advanced video technology, and 4) promotion of industrial quality assurance management designs processes where students exchange their products several times during a course.
The KA3 project EduMecca (09-10) developed the first online Student Response System (SRS) for PC, laptops, Pad`s, and smartphones. It is designed to enhance communication and interaction in class (http://projects.aft.hist.no/videos/index.php/play/movieclip/15), thus reducing misunderstandings at the completion of the training sessions.
Aims: TITus is aiming at disseminating and raising the awareness of a new integrated blended learning environment that offers flexible and pedagogical delivery of level specific manufacturing industry production process training to VET schools and incompany training organizations in Romania, Italy and Norway. This includes:
• Educate VET QA instructors as Activity Based Training learning environment advisers
• Disseminate an innovative transfer system for SME in-company training, in three different European societies, that are delivered on a just-in-time basis
TITus utilizes blended learning methods that mix and merge: i) A pedagogical model that utilizes ABT to follow the production flow of an object, ii) onsite training, ii) self paced on-line education iv) fair, valid and reliable assessments with SRS and v) high quality instructional video delivery of learning material to industrial organisations, SME and VET schools, into one competence transfer model.
The TITus actions include: i) Dissemination of the new ABT training principles for effective transfer of competence in companies and VET schools, ii) Dissemination and delivery of an instructor training program (e.g. good practices) targeting design, development and implementation of the learning environment tools for QA trainers. iii) Delivery of flexible training courses to manufacturing companies for dissemination of the learning environment, training methodologies, and sound inclusion of instructional video into skills upgrading. iv) Seminars, conferences and exhibitions for dissemination, raising awareness, and transfer of expert knowledge and good practices to stakeholders at national and European level.
The new learning environment and the ABT model close the traditional gap between VET courses and the industrial production process workflow. The methods are generic, whereby they are applicable to European wide manufacturing industry sectors (fabrication industries, VET schools and SME’s). They facilitate an innovative solution for cost- and time effective transfer of industrial production process know-how and technology knowledge to SME at a just-in-time basis.
The TITus learning approach for QA training is completely new in Romania, Italy and Norway, and represents the implementation of modern learning tools in QA processes. It is necessary to train trainers in order to be familiar with new learning methodology, which brings a new classroom environment for the students.
Open and distance learning
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Information and Communication
open and distance learning
material for open learning
Materials and products (electronic copies if not mentioned that a paper copy is available or a reference to a web-site)
1. User requirement guideline from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP2
2. SRS leaflet, A4 SRS, SRS user manual in 5 languages available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP3
3. Evaluation strategy available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP5
4. Evaluation report available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP5
5. One2Act SRS leaflet and A4 SRS in English, Italian and Romanian. SRS poster and leaflet in English, ABT poster and leaflet in English. Everything is available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP6
6. List with articles published in journals and in proceedings from international conferences, available at http://histproject.no/node/765, WP6
7. SRS App in multiple languages
8. Exploitaton strategy guideline, available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP7
9. Online streaming videos in English, available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP3
10. One ABT video, available from http://histproject.no/node/765, WP3